Size Limits

marlin1962

just went shopping with the mrs which i don't do very much(only like fishing shops and bunnings).getting to the point,i walked past the seafood counter and was shocked on the size of some of the fish.is there limits for us and another for comercial fishing(sorry to sound a bit thick but i have fish in a aquarium at home bigger than they were selling.

Some of the fish are farmed and therefore do not need minimum size limits. You see alot of Kingfish that are around 45cm in shops sometimes. Its not that the commercial fisherman have different rules, when a fish has been farmed, no legal size is required for them to sell it.

Hope that makes sense, Others will have better input, asi have limited knowledge of this.

Kamil

Some of the fish are farmed and therefore do not need minimum size limits. You see alot of Kingfish that are around 45cm in shops sometimes. Its not that the commercial fisherman have different rules, when a fish has been farmed, no legal size is required for them to sell it.

Hope that makes sense, Others will have better input, asi have limited knowledge of this.

Kamil

thanks kamil i never thought about farmed fish.