Sydney Harbour - Friday 24th

daleyboy

Anyone heading out into the harbour for a fish tomorrow?

Tis me birthday so im taking the obligatory day off work and thought i might go chase some winter squid then hopefully some kings ;)

Ayone got any suggestions for tomorrow? i havent been out in the harbour for at least 2-3 months so i've no idea whats been going on out there. Im hoping i should at least be able to get onto some sambos and tailor aroun sth head?

Tis me birthday so im taking the obligatory day off work and thought i might go chase some winter squid then hopefully some kings ;)

Ayone got any suggestions for tomorrow? i havent been out in the harbour for at least 2-3 months so i've no idea whats been going on out there. Im hoping i should at least be able to get onto some sambos and tailor aroun sth head?

Hey Mate

I hope u realise the kingy scene is abit hit and miss at the moment. In the last 7 outings between myself (DAN) and Greg we have only got the 1 kingy, and had a few other small runs. If your after abit of fun hit Nth Head in the morning for the salmon. While your out their put a squid jigg down as there are HEAPS of BIGGGGGG squid at nth head.

Hope you get a few!

D&G

The Dan and Greg advice for North Head is sound advice. My sources tell me only the small pre school size salmon have come in so far.

If you do go it could be an idea to take a supply of the squid and salmon around to Castlecrag in the evening. If the southerly changes direction it may well improve the bite rate down deep.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Cheers Guys,

Well didnt get out friday, but did head out saturday arvo and sunday morning.

Saturday arvo was just a quiet run to make sure the old girl was running smoothly, which was lucky i did coz i soon discovered my battery had gone dead so i had no fishfinder. Dont think it mattered though with all the rain the harbouraround lane cove looked like a chocolate soup and nothing bar a 15cm tailor was pulled in.

Saturday saw a much better day wether wise, no wind, sunny, smooth waters. Started berlying in near clifton gardens for some live bait and threw a squid jig out .. nothing at all. Then tried a troll along sth head for nothing either. Was going to try nth head like advised, but i had a greenie onboard with me who didnt like the sight of open water too much so we headed back to rose bay and anchored up near the tri-post marker ... there we caught two legal bream (28 & 30cm) and funnily enough also caught a tiny little yakka (which me mate dropped over side, rigged with hook and sinker .. poor lil yakka) and also a slimey mackeral.

So all in all .. not that many fish, but hey it was great day to be in the harbour anyways :)

PS .. will definately head to Nth head next trip