I Need Fish - What Is The Plan?

Thunder

The :wife: has suggested we go fishing on Fathers day - this will only be her second time on the boat (as I bought the boat without permission!!!)

The :wife: actually suggested the trip and we will be taking my 7 yo son and 18 yo daughter.

Knowing the family, we probably won't hit the water until 9.00am or 10.00am but HAVE to catch edible fish - ie flatties, reddies, trev's, etc

The sea is going to be flat as a pancake, but not sure how they will handle being outside fishing.

The :wife: likes taking pictures, so I thought Sydney Harbour might be good for both.

We could also go to Botany Bay or Port Hacking, but it wouldn't be as good for photos.

If I go South Coast, it would only be outside fishing and if they don't handle it I have missed the perfect opportunity.

So I am leaning towards Sydney Harbour.

I need some never fail places to fish in Sydney Harbour and outside the heads.

Where do you suggest?

We have worked out Balmoral for livies, but last time couldn't find anywhere to turn yakkas into fish.

I will also buy some pillies, prawns and squid for bait.

Cheers

Greg

The :wife: has suggested we go fishing on Fathers day - this will only be her second time on the boat (as I bought the boat without permission!!!)

The :wife: actually suggested the trip and we will be taking my 7 yo son and 18 yo daughter.

Knowing the family, we probably won't hit the water until 9.00am or 10.00am but HAVE to catch edible fish - ie flatties, reddies, trev's, etc

The sea is going to be flat as a pancake, but not sure how they will handle being outside fishing.

The :wife: likes taking pictures, so I thought Sydney Harbour might be good for both.

We could also go to Botany Bay or Port Hacking, but it wouldn't be as good for photos.

If I go South Coast, it would only be outside fishing and if they don't handle it I have missed the perfect opportunity.

So I am leaning towards Sydney Harbour.

I need some never fail places to fish in Sydney Harbour and outside the heads.

Where do you suggest?

We have worked out Balmoral for livies, but last time couldn't find anywhere to turn yakkas into fish.

I will also buy some pillies, prawns and squid for bait.

Cheers

Greg

Hi again Greg. I reckon Sunday will be a lot warmer and middle harbour a lot cleaner, the winter trevally are moving away leaving food for everyone and you'll have fun for the family with birds and salmon round the heads early mornin' if it's calm enough for them.

Middle harbour is the go.

Still that's only my opinion

Cheers and let there be a bit of the old thunder mate could bring a bit of lightning fishing,eh. :biggrin2:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

The likes taking pictures, so I thought Sydney Harbour might be good for both

If your looking for photo time whilst fishing Port Hacking offers some beautiful areas.

Head up southwest arm and you will find some pristine shots of the Royal National Park and then duck out for shots of Jibbon Beach, Cronulla Beach (ignore the oil refinery :puke:) and then go down the coast a bit for a different view of the National park and more beaches.

Theres a variety of fish at these places and if the missus doesn't handle outside its a short run back up the river.

Dave

If your looking for photo time whilst fishing Port Hacking offers some beautiful areas.

Head up southwest arm and you will find some pristine shots of the Royal National Park and then duck out for shots of Jibbon Beach, Cronulla Beach (ignore the oil refinery :puke:) and then go down the coast a bit for a different view of the National park and more beaches.

Theres a variety of fish at these places and if the missus doesn't handle outside its a short run back up the river.

Dave

Id have to agree with David. Coming from ingleburn Reckon your best bet is Hacking. Id be more concerned about the 18y.o and keeping her amused.

BUT, Hey its fathers day. We can do what ever we like !!!!! Im sure they take you shopping without you wanting to go.

cheers

b

Edited by bastik