New Outfit

james1990

Hi guys

Can i get a few reccomendations on what outfit i should go for, after a eggbeater outfit.

It will be used to chase spanish macks, mack tuna, small yft, cobia, kings, golden trevally, small sharks. using baits, jigging, casting poppers/lures, trolling.

I was thinking--

Shimano spheros 14000fa

30lb braid

Shimano Bluewater Saltwater, 762,15-24kg Spin

cheers james

Hi guys

Can i get a few reccomendations on what outfit i should go for, after a eggbeater outfit.

It will be used to chase spanish macks, mack tuna, small yft, cobia, kings, golden trevally, small sharks. using baits, jigging, casting poppers/lures, trolling.

I was thinking--

Shimano spheros 14000fa

30lb braid

Shimano Bluewater Saltwater, 762,15-24kg Spin

cheers james

Hi james

i just purchased two shimano bluewater15kg spin sticks and matched them to 6500 shimano baitrunners

and gave them a go on the snapper on the weekend just gone.....needless to say i was not undergunned

but the rod still showed the sensetivity required overall i was quite impressed i myself

am going to use this outfit to chase mid range kings, cobia, dolphin fish, y/fin, etc

and even going to give the little

black marlin a shot with them all when i go away up to s.w.rocks at xmas i just wanted to buy something

that i thought would handle it all comfortably on a broad range of species and that i could carry on the boat

with me i guess i will have to give you a fair dinkum report after xmas though........

but im confident.....

Cheers Warnie.....

Edited by ungry warnie

Hi james..........

10kg is what line ive got spooled on the 6500 baitrunner

as for capacity i havent got a clue ......a lot it looks like.......

Cheers Warnie....

ps...........oh yea take the yellow boris outfit it goes with your eyes....

If you have the money to spend then go the Saltiga 6000z and pair it up with a Monster Mesh or Saltist if money is no object then look at Seed or Smith Sticks - nothing under PE5.

You do not need to pay $2000 + to step into this range, keep an eye out on the secondary market for a good buy.

I recently picked up a as new Saltiga 6000z threadline loaded with brand new 50lb tuf braid for $600.00 and also grabbed a new Seed stick on special at $450.00.. thats an outfit valued at well over $2000.00 for half the price. Good deals are to be had just be patient.

The above sticks are great all rounders fishing from boats, however they do match the jigging style of fishing more than anything else.

Good luck

Thanks for all the advice guys.... i might look into the second hand market,,, is there anything i should look for apart from chips, drags not being backed off etc when buying a 2nd hand reel?

Add the cost of a service $10-$15 to the price of the reel.