Lake Lyall - Any Water In It?

Bucket

Has anyone one been up to Lake Lyall recently, as I am hoping to get up there for the APEC long weekend? Is the water over the ramp and are they letting boats in it.

More importantly, are the fish biting? :1prop:

Thanks

Stephen

Edited by Bucket

Yes there is heaps of water. Last year there was a spot up river that by tinnie started to bottom out because of shallow water; that spot is now 9m deep. The lake looks much wider than before the rains. It really looks good except for one thing, blue green algae. It is unbelievable at the moment. THEY say that it doesn't affect fish but something is affecting them at the moment. I went up last weekend and trolled every lure I had for about 9 hours over 2 days and got one nice brown but that was it. My mate was up there in his kayak also and he got zilch. I also tried knocking them on the head jigging lures for nothing. Another mate of mine went up yesterday and got zilch. There are plenty of fish showing up on the sounder but they are all stuck to the bottom. If the water is 24m deep in a spot then the fish were sitting at 23m.

My mate who went up yesterday, on a beautiful sunny Saturday, said there was one other boat out all morning. I don't know if the locals know something that I don't but I would have expected many more.

Don't know if I have helped you out Bucket but atleast you can get up there and have a go.

Just so you know I got my one fish on a yellow wing tassie devil with black and red spots.

Cheers.

post-2756-1188679020_thumb.jpg