Snapper On The Weekend

Ross Hunter

Billfisher caught one on Saturday in sloppy conditions We fished the Hump both days on Broadbill and worked hard for our catches, but at the end of both adys had abox full of snapper, mowies and big jackets The fish have gone off a tad but will be back. We did suffer badly from the jackets, quite a few bite offs( the deckies delight ( I hate jackets they are the most obnoxious creature that swims). You will never catch good catches of snapper when there are jackets in attendance.

However we ended up OK on both days but not up to our normal standard...See photos

Got pounded on the way home yesterday with a bitch of a 20 knot nor easter...beautiful

I AM POSTING SOON A GREAT REPORT ON YELLOWFIN AND WHERE TO CATH THEM..THEY ARE RED HOT .........NOW....... but no where near The Mountain

SEE ...My Webpagers.com.au

post-2782-1188769021_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1188769126_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1188769247_thumb.jpg

Well done again Ross

I was planning a trip in my boat :yahoo: I still love sayin that after waitin 25 years to get it :thumbup:

MY BOAT MY BOAT MY BOAT :thumbup:

to the Humps on or around the 27th of this month but you mentioned in one of your reports last week the Snapper had slowed due to the full moon. I was going to use the full moon to give me some light for an early start out of Botany Heads. I will leave it till a week after the next full and give it a bash then.

Will be doing some drifting with SP's when I'm down there as well.

Russ

HMMMMM nice work on the snapper ross as usual!!!!! Im waiting for this yellowfin report like you wouldnt believe. I can also confirm that they weren't at the mountain cause we trolled all day saturday and didnt turn a reel even though we found 19.6 and some pretty blue water!!!!! A bit to sloppy and unpleasent to set up a cube.

Cmon the suspense is killing me tell me about the fin!!!!!!