Jewfish Method?

Phil Bennett

Hi Fishraider,

Being a mad keen jewfish angler I'm always keen to hear how other angler chase these incredable fish. So what's your favourite method, live baiting, lures, flies, gill net (only kidding!)....lol

I'm still buzzing over soft plastics, but always keen to try other methods.

Look forward to your replies.

Cheers

Phil

Mate if your keen for a good read search the Jewgaffer threads.

Personally i usually have a running sinker down to a swivel, 3ft trace and a live mullet or yakka. But given i'm close to the worlds laziest fisho I tend to end up reading the paper all night. So plenty of other blokes catch the fish I miss.

Dave

[hi phil :1fishing1:

i used to fish rock and beach for them for over 20 years here are my methods

1.use 25lb mono 650 alvey and a 8 or 9 wrap 12 to 13 ft rod 4oz snapper lead running down to swivel 40 lbtrace 2 6 or 7 /o hooks snelled

2.fish areas near lakes or lagoons where there is runin-runout as jews will come in to feed with the tide and ambush bait fish on the runout in the surf

3.allways use the freshest bait available tailor mullet slimeys live or butterflied whole squid occy legs or if prawns are running live prawns also noted when there is whiting around i have caught jew

4.most important is putting in the time fish different tides and places i used to fish 2 or 3 times a week from 10pm to dawn

5.allways carry a small gaff in your belt as well as a head lamp

hope this helps

peter :1fishing1:

Favorite method when I was growing up in Gladstone QLD was two live banana prawns on a decent size hook and running sinker rig fished in some of the harbour holes Im sure that they were black jew though

Havent fished for jew down here in Sydney but have caught a couple of soapies while fishing for bream on SPs

Edited by The Iceman