Grays Point Boat Ramp

rob roy

Hi Guys, First post for me, does anyone know what is happening at the Grays point [ Swallow Rock ] boat ramp, i put in there on Tuesday [test drive for someone buying my boat ] and there was a sign saying that an upgrade was being carried out between July 2007 and October 2007, a pontoon being built etc. and to use Yowie Bay ramp. There was no sign off any work having been started, and no closed signs, i was wondering if i shouldn't have used it or is it usable until they start work.

Regards Roy

Hi Guys, First post for me, does anyone know what is happening at the Grays point [ Swallow Rock ] boat ramp, i put in there on Tuesday [test drive for someone buying my boat ] and there was a sign saying that an upgrade was being carried out between July 2007 and October 2007, a pontoon being built etc. and to use Yowie Bay ramp. There was no sign off any work having been started, and no closed signs, i was wondering if i shouldn't have used it or is it usable until they start work.

Regards Roy

:1welcomeani: Rob Roy and I hope we get many more posts from you.

I think they're updating the ramp facilities to make it as nice as the other amenites there.

With no boats around I'll grab four light rods and spread them around on the little beach near the picnic bench and watch them from there. If I get time to sit down that is.

Thanks for the good info rob roy

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Took a drive by Grays point boat ramp yesterday, it's now got a closed sign there and they have put a few pylons in for the pontoon, isn't it typical, they were supposed to start this in July and have finished by October, so who knows when this will be finished now, they had ample opportunity to do this during the quiet season, there is really no thought into things by Sutherland council, anyway i've had my whinge so i feel better now.

Regards Roy

Hi Guys, Took a drive by Grays point boat ramp yesterday, it's now got a closed sign there and they have put a few pylons in for the pontoon, isn't it typical, they were supposed to start this in July and have finished by October, so who knows when this will be finished now, they had ample opportunity to do this during the quiet season, there is really no thought into things by Sutherland council, anyway i've had my whinge so i feel better now.

Regards Roy

Gdayyy Roy ,next time you are down that way and its finished grab some pics and give us a report on the updated facilities for our boat ramps forum.

Cheers Stewy

They are upgrading the hole in the wall at Sylvania as well. It will end up twice as wide when finished.

I bet though that neither of these ramps will end up with fish cleaning facilities. It seems no one in the Shire is allowed to clean fish. (probably cause none of us can actually catch em)

Dave

They are upgrading the hole in the wall at Sylvania as well. It will end up twice as wide when finished.

I bet though that neither of these ramps will end up with fish cleaning facilities. It seems no one in the Shire is allowed to clean fish. (probably cause none of us can actually catch em)

Dave

Hey Dave You live down that way. Would you be able to let the council know there's submerged objects at the hole in the wall right where the boats come in square onto the ramp, and boats keep damaging props. People who know about it come in a fair way with the motor up and sometimes stop a bit short and that causes a lot of congestion down there.

What's the Holt Rd ramp like on the point these days, Dave?

Thanks

Cheers

Hey Dave You live down that way. Would you be able to let the council know there's submerged objects at the hole in the wall right where the boats come in square onto the ramp, and boats keep damaging props. People who know about it come in a fair way with the motor up and sometimes stop a bit short and that causes a lot of congestion down there.

What's the Holt Rd ramp like on the point these days, Dave?

Thanks

Cheers

The fellas working there seemed to think that part of the job would be cleaning up the "channel" out the front.

As for Holt rd. I dont use it so I cant say. but it doesnt look too bad. Not real deep out the front of it so I don't think big boats can use it.

Dave