Enterance Sp's 8/9

micksfishn

hi all as planned today i hit the enterance with a good mate armed with the new out fit and a heap of plastics left home at 5 weather looking ok hit the f3 wat do you know is bucketing down the polite wat to word it is stuff it lets keep going get to the ramp not looking to bad off we go opposite the ramp on the flats within a cpl of minutes first flattie landed just legal 37cm cpl more just under size flatties 35.5 are landed back they go cpl more legals come on board days looking ok look around and and theres rain coming straight 4 us on with the wet weather gear rain hit us hard but didnt stop us still flicking around and they kept coming cpl more 4 the keepers net weather clears up a bit but now the wind is blowing a gale we keep going next to be boated was a bit of a suprise 33cm blacky put up 1 hell of a fight on the light gear in the shallows went quiet after that so we decided to move across about 1km with first cast double hook up both on 2 nice flatties boated 42cm & 46cm good start looking for the sandy patches amoungst the weed was hard with the wind chopping the water up but kept going cpl more in about the 37cm mark and about 5 under sized ones released called it quits not long after about 2pm at the end of the day fishing in a tropical cyclone we ended up with 9 flatties about 10 released and 1 blacky pretty good for the weather most of the fish caught on berkley fry cant think of the colour ill get back to you's.(not 1 bream landed today very unusual)

all my fish were caught on my new 1-3kg rod with 2pound braid and believe me the light gear is so much fun and i did not land a really big fish cant wait for that

heres a cpl of pics including the new raider stickers on the tinnie

cheers mick

post-3591-1189249553_thumb.jpgpost-3591-1189249563_thumb.jpgpost-3591-1189249573_thumb.jpg

hi all as planned today i hit the enterance with a good mate armed with the new out fit and a heap of plastics left home at 5 weather looking ok hit the f3 wat do you know is bucketing down the polite wat to word it is stuff it lets keep going get to the ramp not looking to bad off we go opposite the ramp on the flats within a cpl of minutes first flattie landed just legal 37cm cpl more just under size flatties 35.5 are landed back they go cpl more legals come on board days looking ok look around and and theres rain coming straight 4 us on with the wet weather gear rain hit us hard but didnt stop us still flicking around and they kept coming cpl more 4 the keepers net weather clears up a bit but now the wind is blowing a gale we keep going next to be boated was a bit of a suprise 33cm blacky put up 1 hell of a fight on the light gear in the shallows went quiet after that so we decided to move across about 1km with first cast double hook up both on 2 nice flatties boated 42cm & 46cm good start looking for the sandy patches amoungst the weed was hard with the wind chopping the water up but kept going cpl more in about the 37cm mark and about 5 under sized ones released called it quits not long after about 2pm at the end of the day fishing in a tropical cyclone we ended up with 9 flatties about 10 released and 1 blacky pretty good for the weather most of the fish caught on berkley fry cant think of the colour ill get back to you's.(not 1 bream landed today very unusual)

all my fish were caught on my new 1-3kg rod with 2pound braid and believe me the light gear is so much fun and i did not land a really big fish cant wait for that

heres a cpl of pics including the new raider stickers on the tinnie

cheers mick

post-3591-1189249553_thumb.jpgpost-3591-1189249563_thumb.jpgpost-3591-1189249573_thumb.jpg

Good session Mick!! Bream may have shut down early and gone down deep.

Nice pics Mick and the boat looks great for the job. The fishraider sticker looks complete with the www. left on and when others ask how to remove the www. I can't see the point and the finesse will always be incomplete on looks.

Cheers and well done Mick.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

wd fellas...our bream up here are pretty well educated they see a lot of hooks. night fishing with bait seems to be the best way to connect to reasonable bream...i had a feeling you fellas might nail some flat ones...i'm off down there now...

i love this time of year... salmon on the beaches, drummer in the wash, and flatties in the runout...

and all the tourists (raiders excluded of course) are still at home ...if you guys want flathead we have always had great days in september as the fish are not line or lure shy... by xmas some heavy refinements in tackle are needed to clean up...