Broken Bay

tiger_shark

We headed out to broken bay saturday arvo and spent about 3-4 hours at the back of lion island. There only one pike was caught. It seemed as soon a we got a bight we got a snag. I had enough of getting snagged so off to barrenjoey head we went.

The rest of darkness was spent at barrenjoey for 3 PJ sharks both topping a metre.

In the morning we threw a lure over the back and went for a troll looking for surface activity and birds working. Didnt take us long to find them on the east side of lion island. We had a school of sambos and tailor to ourselves. Early in all the fun i was trying to get a lure out of a sambo and a treble hook embedded into my finger. :thumbdown: But the show must go on.

We managed to bag out on sambos averaging about 65 cm's and also got a heap of tailor around the 35 to 40cm mark. Alot of smaller tailor were released though. Although i had a treble hook hanging out the side of my finger for practically the whole day, it was a another top day on the water.

post-2215-1189387534_thumb.jpg

Me and a few lads went out on Friday Apec long weekend and didnt catch a thing all day .The same thing happened to us as soon as we had a bite we were snagged ..Nice looking catch dude im Jealous :thumbup:

RMZbeast - love your avatar :biggrin2:

I'm a big trailer park boys fan ha!

nice tailor there tiger shark,even look better when beer batted,

the pain in the finger is worth it when you bring home a good catch.(still fn hurts doesn't it ).

as you said the show must go on ,good on ya mate. :thumbup:

marty.

Mate, i didnt even feel it go in. It hurt when i got the plyers and tried to reef it out, but it was more annoying than anything. When you've got salmon bustin up the surface who cares about a little hook anyway...

Sorry if I missed this in the thread,

but who hooked your finger. Or was it one of those ridiculous moves i have pulled on myself from time to time?

Arch

Mate, i didnt even feel it go in. It hurt when i got the plyers and tried to reef it out, but it was more annoying than anything. When you've got salmon bustin up the surface who cares about a little hook anyway...

We headed out to broken bay saturday arvo and spent about 3-4 hours at the back of lion island. There only one pike was caught. It seemed as soon a we got a bight we got a snag. I had enough of getting snagged so off to barrenjoey head we went.

The rest of darkness was spent at barrenjoey for 3 PJ sharks both topping a metre.

In the morning we threw a lure over the back and went for a troll looking for surface activity and birds working. Didnt take us long to find them on the east side of lion island. We had a school of sambos and tailor to ourselves. Early in all the fun i was trying to get a lure out of a sambo and a treble hook embedded into my finger. :thumbdown: But the show must go on.

We managed to bag out on sambos averaging about 65 cm's and also got a heap of tailor around the 35 to 40cm mark. Alot of smaller tailor were released though. Although i had a treble hook hanging out the side of my finger for practically the whole day, it was a another top day on the water.

post-2215-1189387534_thumb.jpg

They are never their when i go to Lion Island :mad3:

Good job their mate :D

tigershark your a legend for stick it out with tanggles and me for that long with the treble on your finger, i'l try and search for that hook removal trick that REX uses but it might just be for little hooks and not that embedded in the skin. Anyway keep the lines tight, and i'l see you soon :thumbup:

stay frosty Da EEL.