Small Stream Bass Heaven

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

After Stewy's good reports i dusted off the Bass gear for another season :biggrin2:

Headed down to my fav small stream to see if the Bass had returned from their winter business :074:

Woke up early this morning and casted into this pool (an old fav)

post-2475-1189505301_thumb.jpg

After a short time a typical aggressive Bass smashed my scorpion, the first Bass for the season

post-2475-1189505277_thumb.jpg

A nice silverly look to her

Well that was enough to fire me up for an arvo session further afield.

I slogged though the thick bush and when i finally hit the water this is what greeted me

post-2475-1189505368_thumb.jpg

Very pretty but no takers in this pool :thumbdown:

Then as i made my way upstream i came across a pool that was crawling with Bass :wacko:

First cast in and my lure is hammered and a strong fight ends with a good Bass 30+cm ready for release.

I release him downstream so as not to spook the pool and next five casts = five quality Bass all better than 30cm :yahoo:

Surely this can't go on but it just gets better the next pool yields my new PB at 35cm

here he is

post-2475-1189505389_thumb.jpg

Then the Bass just go balistic!! it seems every cast equals a solid hit

Whilst fighting one fish i notice a much larger fish chasing it around, so after i release the first i toss out a surface lure downstream and SMACK it is inhaled by a monster that pulls drag like no other :yahoo:

Eventualy I cradle he out of the water and take a few snaps of my new PB at 36cm here she is

post-2475-1189505403_thumb.jpg

Pretty soon it is dark and i have to go but as i walk past each pool i see Bass rising

I lost count but in two hours i would say 15 fish would have been caught and released

The most awesome Bass session in my life :yahoo:

BM

awesome

how did u find your secret spot?

i ask this because i sorta half-knew there was bass water in sydney, but i just thought it was so hard to find i never bothered looking

however with swordy's reports and now your's i'm getting prompted to do a bit of bassing myself

whaddyareckon?

awesome

how did u find your secret spot?

i ask this because i sorta half-knew there was bass water in sydney, but i just thought it was so hard to find i never bothered looking

however with swordy's reports and now your's i'm getting prompted to do a bit of bassing myself

whaddyareckon?

Hi Nathan

There are a lot of Bass in sydney's west you just have to have a look, too be honest i just went to spot were the road crossed the river, obviously in the frest water and threw in a lure at the nearest snag

I recon after about four casts a little Bass smashed it, after that i just expored both up and downstream of that point untill i found the best water. Any tributry of the georges or hawkesbury is worth a look i recon. But be prepared for some serious bush bashing! the stream i fish is so overgown sometimes the only way though is though the water

Bass are a fine fish, very aggresive and great fun to catch :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

Hi Nathan

There are a lot of Bass in sydney's west you just have to have a look, too be honest i just went to spot were the road crossed the river, obviously in the frest water and threw in a lure at the nearest snag

I recon after about four casts a little Bass smashed it, after that i just expored both up and downstream of that point untill i found the best water. Any tributry of the georges or hawkesbury is worth a look i recon. But be prepared for some serious bush bashing! the stream i fish is so overgown sometimes the only way though is though the water

Bass are a fine fish, very aggresive and great fun to catch :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

unreal

thanks for the heads up mate :)

Hi Raiders,

After Stewy's good reports i dusted off the Bass gear for another season :biggrin2:

Headed down to my fav small stream to see if the Bass had returned from their winter business :074:

After a short time a typical aggressive Bass smashed my scorpion, the first Bass for the season

I slogged though the thick bush and when i finally hit the water this is what greeted me

Then as i made my way upstream i came across a pool that was crawling with Bass :wacko:

First cast in and my lure is hammered and a strong fight ends with a good Bass 30+cm ready for release.

I release him downstream so as not to spook the pool and next five casts = five quality Bass all better than 30cm :yahoo:

Surely this can't go on but it just gets better the next pool yields my new PB at 35cm

here he is

Whilst fighting one fish i notice a much larger fish chasing it around, so after i release the first i toss out a surface lure downstream and SMACK it is inhaled by a monster that pulls drag like no other :yahoo:

Eventualy I cradle he out of the water and take a few snaps of my new PB at 36cm here she is

Pretty soon it is dark and i have to go but as i walk past each pool i see Bass rising

I lost count but in two hours i would say 15 fish would have been caught and released

BM

what about around LCR near deburghs bridge, anything around there?

Hey BM you going up to Tarana for the season opening weekend.

I still can't forget that 50cm brown I got where you suggested.

cheers

Edited by Yes Dear

Just got back from another killer session

The Bass are just getting bigger :thumbup:

First a 34cm then a 36cm

then i feel a dull thud and the drag starts peeling :yahoo:

She tries to brick me into every snag in the pool but eventually after a serious fight i cradle my new PB at 44CM !!!! :1yikes:

I am still shaking as i write (sorry no pics)

BM

Hi Raiders,

here he is

BM

Can you show some pics of the lures you are using

I wont to give that area you metioned a go when I get back from the trouting holiday

cheers BM