Jervis Bay

caine

Going down to JB in second week of Oct

What should i target/expect in my 4m tinnie

should i troll, use livies, what will be on the chew. I have only fished JB once before

any advise would be apreciated

cheers.

Edited by CaineS

Wow, should have thrown that salmon back in with a dirty big hook through it!!!!

My guess down that neck of the woods would be a little bronzy or a hammerhead. There are heaps of those toothy tackle theives that hang around at the mouth of the Bay.

Guest MRS WATTO

Hey Caine,

Being in a 4m Tinnie, firstly I must warn you to take extreme caution in the Bay. It has the tendency to chop up to quite a violent Broth in very short notice. Pick your days and try to stay on the same side of the Bay as where the wind is coming from. There are options all around the bay, so there is no reason to stay out in the crap if it is blowing. The only thing to be careful of is the Marine sanctuary

jbmp-map01.gif

You should expect plenty squid which will be all around the bay over the Kelp beds. Waterdepths from 5-10m seem to be more productive.

The Inner side of the Headlands should start to see some Kingfish Lurking around, so downrigging or slow trolling livies in this zone may produce you some Hoodlums, but hang on as they seem to a lot biger in these areas! Snapper will also be around along the reef drop offs. Use your sounder inbetween the heads to locate.

Other than that, you will find plenty Salmon, Trevally and Tailor if you look for the schools. Along with the heard of baitfish, should be a good time to fish for you. Check out my GPS Spots in the GPS Database form more info.

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony

and where are you heading off too

KING GEORGE RD

SEE YOU DOWN THE CLUB SATURDAY NITE. I WILL ORGANISE THE COURTESY BUS TO PICK YOU UP

Edited by MRS WATTO