Hc On 14.09.07

drkcld

Hey guys,

Dazza and I hit HC at around 6:30pm after being an hour late to traffic ><. The wind was pretty strong when we got there and the tempreture dropped quite a lot but we were keen to fish since we didnt catch anything on monday.

We set up our gear and started some berley. After 30 mins we had only tiny nibbles until dazza said he had a fish, i didnt quite believe him at first but he was fighting it hard on his light bream gear. Straight away i could hear the drag ZzZzz and we thought it was a travelley trying to go under the wharf. After a couple of mins we landed it and it was a nice 33cm bream.

20 mins later i saw my rod bend a bit thinking it was the wind since it was so strong that night, but then i noticed it was bending more than i thought so i got the rod and started fighting the fish, thought it was small at first but it was running right to me noticing it was trying to run under the wharf so i fought it around and dazza got the net n landed the beauty. It was a 37cm bream my PB :biggrin2:

After 10 mins a mate of ours hooked onto a crab didn't quite see the size because it lost it half way while reeling in, it was around 40cm.

IMG_1368.jpg

bleh.jpg

Well cheers.

Steven.

Edited by drkcld

cool thanks.

are the fish there edible or toxic?

the fish there is in the danger zone of toxins. However i still eat one or two fish every 6months or so. I keep the ones that gets hooked deep and bleeding. thats just me.

Um bait, but i usually lure there but it didnt want lures for some reason.