Teen Struck In Head By Boat Propellor

mrmoshe

Teen struck in head by boat propellor

A GOLD Coast teenager was struck in the face by a boat propellor when he fell out of a dinghy while baring his buttocks at people on the shore.

The 17-year-old boy from Kanimbla was one of three males travelling in a dinghy along a canal off Huon Street at Broadbeach Waters on the Gold Coast about 4pm (AEST) yesterday.

It is believed all three males stood up to bare their buttocks at a group of people at a waterfront residence, causing the vessel to become unstable, and all three fell overboard, police said.

The engine on the dinghy continued to run, and the teenager was struck in the face by the propeller as the empty vessel circled.

He was taken to Gold Coast Hospital with serious facial injuries.

Another occupant of the boat, a 20-year-old man from Rochedale South, in Brisbane's south, has been charged with drink driving.

He will appear in Southport Magistrates Court on October 1.

I have been run over by a cruiser in the Georges River many years ago. My boat and gear went to the bottom in seconds. THAT IS ALL IT TAKES .... SECONDS........ I was sitting there fishing when BANG a group of pisso,s not fisho,s hit me. Nothing has changed except there are more pisso,s on the water now.

CHEERS BART :1fishing1:

What a bunch of Twerps!! That is what happens to you when you are being anti-social! Thank god they only injured themselves & not some innocent bystander, as happened to Bart!

I bet none had a licence or life jackets, cos they obviously also had no sense!

What do you reckon - how about Waterways Police being at major boatramps on weekends from 5am, checking people's licences & equipment. Get the idiots before they go out & cause mayhem!?

Roberta

G'day Raiders,

Just to add to my previous post it is becoming increasingly evident that hoonery and irresponsible boating is being practiced on our waterways.

We must get the message across somehow, otherwise our waterways will eventually become a replica of our highways like the F3 etc.

Good idea Roberta ,however we will pay through our pockets to fund more Water Police. It will be cheaper to buy our Fish at Woolies and safer than wetting a line.

CHEERS BART :1fishing1: