Seal Rocks

RockHoppin

Hey guys,

Looking for a change in scenery this spring/summer and plan on heading up to seal rocks for a weekend (or 2) fishing off the rocks. Heard alot about this place and wouldnt mind checking it out.

Anyone know this area well? If so, what can I expect in terms of likely catches, access, etc? I'll be taking plenty of gear (light and heavy) to suss the place out so I'll be on the hunt for whatever is available, apart from those ugly sweep! :thumbdown:

Will be heading up for a drive soon just to check it out - ok, I guess I'll take my spin stick just in case! :biggrin2: - but will appreciate any info anyone can offer on this place.

Cheers

RH

Hey guys,

Looking for a change in scenery this spring/summer and plan on heading up to seal rocks for a weekend (or 2) fishing off the rocks. Heard alot about this place and wouldnt mind checking it out.

Anyone know this area well? If so, what can I expect in terms of likely catches, access, etc? I'll be taking plenty of gear (light and heavy) to suss the place out so I'll be on the hunt for whatever is available, apart from those ugly sweep! :thumbdown:

Will be heading up for a drive soon just to check it out - ok, I guess I'll take my spin stick just in case! :biggrin2: - but will appreciate any info anyone can offer on this place.

Cheers

RH

Hi RH,

Be careful up there as a majority of the area is now a marine park.

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/pdf/psglmp-zoning-plan-lo-res.pdf

There was no rhyme or reason for it, let alone a sound scientific basis or justification. But it's there and we have to live with it. /rant

Cheers,

Richie.

Hi RH,

Be careful up there as a majority of the area is now a marine park.

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/pdf/psglmp-zoning-plan-lo-res.pdf

There was no rhyme or reason for it, let alone a sound scientific basis or justification. But it's there and we have to live with it. /rant

Cheers,

Richie.

Great, atleast you saved me a 3 hour drive mate... ^_^