West Reef

junior

Hi All,

Was thinking of trying to head out to west reef on sunday with a mate. I am not 100% in weather condition forecast predictions. Have been boating for a while but want to expand into open water in my own boat.

I'm wanting to know opinions on sundays forecast for trying to get out to west reef? Fished lion island a few times and also throughout brisbane waters but time to go a bit bigger?

I'm flying a 4.75 mtr stejcraft sport fisher 60 merc

It will be first attempt out there so bait and ideas are welcome

Forecast looks ok or do I need to learn alot more about fishing out there?

Junior

name comes up as jnuior why I don't know

are we talking about west head, cross from barrenjoey lighthouse?

another way is launching somewhere closer, perhaps somewhere in pittwater or even akuna bay

If it gets a bit windy then u can always venture in pittwater etc for cover

plus personally i think your boat should handle the conditions there

fishing wise,

u will get reef fish, heaps of baitfish and an sambo or jewie if your lucky i rekn!

Cheers Jin

Hi All,

Was thinking of trying to head out to west reef on sunday with a mate. I am not 100% in weather condition forecast predictions. Have been boating for a while but want to expand into open water in my own boat.

I'm wanting to know opinions on sundays forecast for trying to get out to west reef? Fished lion island a few times and also throughout brisbane waters but time to go a bit bigger?

I'm flying a 4.75 mtr stejcraft sport fisher 60 merc

Junior

name comes up as jnuior why I don't know

Junior,

:1welcomeani:

There is supposed to be snapper out at 60m, with LJackets about again though. 60m is out from West Reef though I think. You should be OK, though swells might dictate whether you go/stay out. I was out there one day, worse thing was me getting seasick (no one else of cause) and no fish.

I have a 4.85 Stacer bowrider and 75hp, she handled it easy. Worst was riding the swell coming back into Patonga. Had to shelter behind Lion to find a nice spot. If its bad just come back in Brissie Waters.

I usually prefer to launch from Eulali or South Kincumber, though Davistown and Empire Bay arent bad, usually busy though.

Ive been dying to get out but the :wife: has had me doing a new water tank & landscaping (though now I can wash the boat down with rainwater :1badmood::074::074: ).

Good luck :1fishing1:, hoping to get out too myself.