Brunswick Bar

Buster and co

G'day Buster and Co,

I spent a few years up Brunswick heads, great part of the coast and boast some pretty good estuary and offshore fishing. But the bar is one of those short, sharp cranky buggers that need extra care.

There's little or no protection from any swell direction, and last time I was there the same dredging sandbar extended right across the mouth. Like all North Coast bars, cheak it out (from the wall) before crossing it, and only head out if it's fairly small. Pick your days and use plenty of caution and you should have little trouble.

Oh yeah, the fishing is pretty good. Head north off New Brighton for the snapper and mackerel reefs. Or south towards Byron Bay for pelagic action around Julian Rocks.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil

G'day Buster and Co,

I spent a few years up Brunswick heads, great part of the coast and boast some pretty good estuary and offshore fishing. But the bar is one of those short, sharp cranky buggers that need extra care.

There's little or no protection from any swell direction, and last time I was there the same dredging sandbar extended right across the mouth. Like all North Coast bars, cheak it out (from the wall) before crossing it, and only head out if it's fairly small. Pick your days and use plenty of caution and you should have little trouble.

Oh yeah, the fishing is pretty good. Head north off New Brighton for the snapper and mackerel reefs. Or south towards Byron Bay for pelagic action around Julian Rocks.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the tips Phil. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rick