The Entrance

marlin1962

hi raiders, just returned from a week at the entrance and feel like going back for the long weekend.

the 1st day was disappointing as it was raining when i was putting up the tent and then the sun came out as i

finished,went looking for poddy mullet where i had caught heaps before (but only ended up with empty trap)

anyway took the kids for a fish up the north channel with frozen prawns and ended up with a few small

bream. the girls would rather just spin round in the boat and wave to people on the shore.

the next couple of days i found a spot where i started catching flatties on sp , so this became my spot for 3

days (all up 18 bream and 6 flatties - - all were released except for 4 flatties, most bream were just on size)

all in all not a bad week,,,,here's a few pics of the girls and i with some of the fish.

cheers marty. :beersmile:

Edited by pops punt

Good to see you caught a few fish, I have lots of pic of my 2 boys with there catch, always good to look back on, you can have some really good chats with your kids when fishing. Do you care to share your kind of SP's .. Good report and great pics Cheers Ray R (kincumber)

Good to see you caught a few fish, I have lots of pic of my 2 boys with there catch, always good to look back on, you can have some really good chats with your kids when fishing. Do you care to share your kind of SP's .. Good report and great pics Cheers Ray R (kincumber)

i don't know what they are called ray as i brought them in a pack with all different types, but they look like a pink nipper. worked well on the flatties ,for the bream i used a sx40 hardbody on the run out near the bridge.

nice fish... if you are where i think that was the only spot we could find fish the other day too....the flatties seem to be holding a little further up the system than is usual for this time of year...

i would suggest the sand flats near where they are building the new wharf near the bridge to get poddy mullet, otherwise with some patience the boat ramp always produces, failing that try the one at long jetty

nice fish... if you are where i think that was the only spot we could find fish the other day too....the flatties seem to be holding a little further up the system than is usual for this time of year...

i would suggest the sand flats near where they are building the new wharf near the bridge to get poddy mullet, otherwise with some patience the boat ramp always produces, failing that try the one at long jetty

thanks flathead fanatic, it's going to be a great summer at the entrance this year, the water is just so clear,

is that shops they are building or is it going to be a upper class pub next to the old pub.

cheers marty.

Was at The Entrance yesterday walking my dog. You could see your image on the water.It was very clear.

Those new restuarants will provide plenty of burley when they are up and running . There goes my favourite Side show site forever. Bugger.

Cheers Bart :thumbup: