Engine Tilt

Aries

Having Problems :1badmood: Wondering a couple of things. 1 how do you get Hydralic Fluid into the engine tilt (what method) and 2 where does it go. Sorry for being vaige but I brought the fluid and had a good look but dont seem to be able to make any sense of it. Any help would be greatly appriechiated :risata:

Im pretty sure most power tilts have a filler plug on the pump itself, the old ones do anyway.

I will say its not a job for the faint hearted try to find a manual for the correct procedure and filling technique. Once its got oil in it, it then needs to be bleed properly as well.

Question is wheres your oil gone ? Why are you having to fill it ? If its leaked out it needs to be fixed first.

Cheers

Im pretty sure most power tilts have a filler plug on the pump itself, the old ones do anyway.

I will say its not a job for the faint hearted try to find a manual for the correct procedure and filling technique. Once its got oil in it, it then needs to be bleed properly as well.

Question is wheres your oil gone ? Why are you having to fill it ? If its leaked out it needs to be fixed first.

Cheers

23559[/snapback]

Thanks Grantm,

Yes you are right, I had a good go at it yesterday afternoon and there is a slight leak coming from one of the stainless steel tubes. It was leaking into the hull of the boat not enough to leak out over the lip of the bungs but enough to create an air bubble in the hydraulics.

I think this is a job 4 "the Pro guys". (Back to the Mechanic)

Thanks again for the handy hints