Bronte Saturday Night

spirost

Hello Raider's,

It has been a long time since my last post (and last fishing trip) and now its my turn to post instead of enviously reading about everyone else's trips as I finally got some time and headed to Bronte on Saturday night.

I had fished there many a time for salmon but with the distance from the rocks to the ocean (around 5 - 6m) it is difficult to land them. I finally got lucky and hooked up on what felt to be a good sized fish. After a short but exciting fight around the rocky outcrops I had him at the rock face and with my mate using the old fashioned hand over hand method we managed to drag him up. Yeah, :yahoo: you could not imagine my delight at finally landing one as I have lost countless others either through spat hooks or snapped line during landing. The fish went 60cm and was caught on ganged pillies.

After that we got molested by sharks (shovelnosed, gummy) and some big rays that snapped the 30lb leader as we tried to haul them up the cliff. A couple of tailor rounded off a pretty good night.

Cheers

mrmojo

post-3361-1191222125_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1191222082_thumb.jpg

Hello Raider's,

It has been a long time since my last post (and last fishing trip) and now its my turn to post instead of enviously reading about everyone else's trips as I finally got some time and headed to Bronte on Saturday night.

I had fished there many a time for salmon but with the distance from the rocks to the ocean (around 5 - 6m) it is difficult to land them. I finally got lucky and hooked up on what felt to be a good sized fish. After a short but exciting fight around the rocky outcrops I had him at the rock face and with my mate using the old fashioned hand over hand method we managed to drag him up. Yeah, :yahoo: you could not imagine my delight at finally landing one as I have lost countless others either through spat hooks or snapped line during landing. The fish went 60cm and was caught on ganged pillies.

After that we got molested by sharks (shovelnosed, gummy) and some big rays that snapped the 30lb leader as we tried to haul them up the cliff. A couple of tailor rounded off a pretty good night.

Cheers

mrmojo

post-3361-1191222125_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1191222082_thumb.jpg

haha nicely done mate!!! good thing about salmon is that there is more meat per fish, so 1 fish will feed 1 person!! mate if you like salmon maybe try a beach theres definitely not a problem with landing and it isnt as dangerous as rocks either...