Terrigal - Boats Come In With Loads Of Fish!

locodave

I've been to terrigal two times over the last 3 weeks and I sit by the ramp and watch all the boats come in.

These guys are bringing in Eskis full of fish!!! Sambos, Kingfish, Trevallies etc.

Is there a good reef outside Terrigal?

This guy brought in a MassIVE LIZARD, would of been round a metre I think!! I was there while the fisheries where also inspecting all the fish and emasuring them!

i'm no expert but there is extensive reef off terrigal, and you are right the boys have been cleaning up.....

i would assume that a lizard that big would have been caught much closer to shore than you think.... the reef off the headland where the charter boats moor runs out about 400 metre and is very fishy

Mate

There is a reef outside of Terrigal. It is featured in some of the Kingfish Jigging DVD's on the market. It is spectacular if that is your thing. They pull some BIG Kings off it!! :thumbup:

Good to hear that Fisheries are policing the catches!! :biggrin2:

As I am a local at Terrigal , and No Scotty Thorington and Lee and I fish alot from Terrigal ,

YES there has been a lot of fish around including BIG Kings , 5kg reds and 2.5kg pearl pearlys Some good grounds around , you have to know where to fish

any chance of putting the gps locations on a page???

Cheers

Suffo

The coordinates for all of those marks (plus all up and down the coast) are readily available in a small book of GPS fishing coordinates available from all BIAS boating stores and probably most tackle stores. Perhaps the site sponsors have a copy for sale. A google search (Australia) for GPS Fishing will also give you links to other sites that publish those spots plus many more. These spots are no secret marks by any stretch of the imagination.

Bare in mind though, that these marks are not always productive and we have had great and terrible days on all of them. You have to be prepared to move around to find the fish.

Guest Big-Banana

It's not the well known reefs that Scotty T hits, he knows these waters like the back of his hand. He's a top fisho and doesn't give too much away, unless you ask reallllllly nicely :biggrin2:

I live in the area, and you see a lot of variation in the catches. I am amazed at the amount of times I go down to Terrigal ramp and see guys cleaning 6 mados, 4 wrasse, 2 seargent baker and one 30.02cm snapper. I get a lot of 60-80cm kings inshore as I only have a tinnie and can't get out to Texas - I am still waiting to find where the big kings go in summer. I am going to try bigger live baits this year.

Poacher.