Racing Sea Bream

Basserman

last couple of weeks have been bad for me so i was happy today when i got the day off and was able to head outside for a little flick around

i say little because at first the wind was a nice strong westly then calming down for a bit before turning souwest

in a larger boat it may of been alright but 15knot winds in a little 435 hornet sure makes you feel it but the boat still handled it great and each time i use her i gain more and more trust in what it can do

the fishing wasn't the best but i did pack the bream gear away in favor for the 15lb snapper stick

first mark was out a tad wider at 10km out but not much was happing and the westly wind was makeing it very chopie out there but still a found a couple of southen nannies and a few other crap fish

moved in closer to the shallower reefs where things started to happin

i still was getting the crap fish but i also found a few smaller pinkies that could of gone size but went for a swim insted

i did however find two decent fish one goneing 65cm the other just on 60cm

turned the nose to hame and belted my way to the bar in the chop

nice day out and was nice to be on the water

all fish were caught on a secret softplastic and jig head combo

post-1190-1191303570_thumb.jpg

post-1190-1191303591_thumb.jpg

I agree with Wildfish - 10km out in a 4.3 metre hornet is extremely gutsy fishing!! They're a good boat though, so here's hoping you never get into trouble.

But what's this about 'secret' jig head and softy combos? Are you afraid they'll all get bought up or something!

Anyway - nice reds. Gotta be happy with that effort.

2 nice fish there buddy, :thumbup: it would have to be a bit uncomfortable with the wind but at least you were

catching fish. i think the hornet would have been ok if the swell & chop wasn't bad, the wind is another story.

anyway it's good to be on the water afterall. :1fishing1:

cheers marty.

i fish the rich mid north coast waters up off the crowdy head-coffs harbor area and all areas inbetween

the winds were up a bit and that was the upper limit of my comfort zone however the winds were mainly a westly so it flattened the swell so the waves were low comeing at my under 1meter so it was more likt fishing in a dam with a big chop on it or a river that is chopped up

my hornet is no off the shelf unit too as it has had a few changed made for me and it has all the safty equipment on it that you find on the larger boats

for a vee nose punt that is set up for sports fishing they really handle the rougher stuff nicly

in fact i find the ride in this boat as good as the ride in my sf17 southwind

lure secret lure and jihy head is something that is getting worked on and we are hoping to have a porpuse built snapper jig head in the market soon enoght

alot of the jig heads just don't cut it when your dealing with the snapper rods and reels

i fish the rich mid north coast waters up off the crowdy head

Good stuff Basserman.

My brother usually fishes out of Crowdy. Has a 520 Formosa with a 90 4stroke on the back......Suzuki I think.

He's been getting some good hauls of snapper off Crowdy on his last few outings.

Hopefully something is still biting for when I make my visits north this summer. :1fishing1:

cheers

Hooky

lure secret lure and jihy head is something that is getting worked on and we are hoping to have a porpuse built snapper jig head in the market soon enoght

alot of the jig heads just don't cut it when your dealing with the snapper rods and reels

Sweet!!

If the products on the market don't work then just make your own!

Provided it's done within site rules I'd love to hear more about them once they're in production.