New Big Stellas - 2008 Launch

davester28

Was talking to Mr Ogawa of Plat Japan and he revealed an interesting morsel of information.

Apparently, Shimano have ceased (or are in the process of ceasing) production of the SW series of Stellas, including the popular 10000 and 20000 models. I assume this will also be true for the local Stella FA series, which is identical apart from the spare spool and a few accessories.

He can't confirm exactly when the new replacement series will be released, but believes it will be launched (with great fanfare) at the 2008 Japan Fishing Show to be held in February. A date to watch for all tackle junkies!

So, for those in the market for a big jigging or popping reel, you may wish to hold off for a few months or your "new" Stella may soon be obsolete.

Was talking to Mr Ogawa of Plat Japan and he revealed an interesting morsel of information.

Apparently, Shimano have ceased (or are in the process of ceasing) production of the SW series of Stellas, including the popular 10000 and 20000 models. I assume this will also be true for the local Stella FA series, which is identical apart from the spare spool and a few accessories.

He can't confirm exactly when the new replacement series will be released, but believes it will be launched (with great fanfare) at the 2008 Japan Fishing Show to be held in February. A date to watch for all tackle junkies!

So, for those in the market for a big jigging or popping reel, you may wish to hold off for a few months or your "new" Stella may soon be obsolete.

it wouldn't supprise me one little bit

they have cesed the older stradic and have relunched it with a few changes and even a whole new MG stradic

i belice shimano are going to try and revamp all the older range

Keep us in the loop Dave.. I was going to pick up a 10000 but I will wait now.. I wonder what sort of changes they are proposing? Probably more drag pressure I would say.. :biggrin2:

Hope they don't change the colours too much. I reckon the Stellas look the best out of the lot!! :thumbup:

Keep us in the loop Dave.. I was going to pick up a 10000 but I will wait now.. I wonder what sort of changes they are proposing? Probably more drag pressure I would say.. :biggrin2:

Hope they don't change the colours too much. I reckon the Stellas look the best out of the lot!! :thumbup:

Just a guess, but I would say stronger gearing. The Saltigas are acknowledged to have superior gearing at the moment, so that's one obvious area to target. (Probably a "hyper" Paladin durability gear enhancement or some such!). Hopefully, something to rival the Saltiga in strength, but retaining the legendary Shimano smoothness.

You are spot on about the colours - the Stella is most aesthetically pleasing spinning reel I've seen.

That sucks, coz i just brought two 8000 and 20000 for this year jigging season in perth....

with the colours, i would prefer the charcoal chrome colours, look at the 1000-4000 FB or FD models.

having said that, it still looks much better then the saltiga (just my opinion) cept for the knob.

Just a guess, but I would say stronger gearing. The Saltigas are acknowledged to have superior gearing at the moment, so that's one obvious area to target. (Probably a "hyper" Paladin durability gear enhancement or some such!). Hopefully, something to rival the Saltiga in strength, but retaining the legendary Shimano smoothness.

You are spot on about the colours - the Stella is most aesthetically pleasing spinning reel I've seen.