First Bass

Guest Forliano

Guest Forliano

Hey all... long time reader, first time poster... just thought I'd let you know I caught my first ever bass on Thursday night... it was a 45 minute walk through scrub to get to my mate's hotspot... waiting for him to send pics, we spent 4 hours throwing surface lures, it was quite quiet for most part... but once we changed lures to different coloured cigardes the bass went nuts... would of had about 15 strikes in less then forty five minutes... then it happened... I thought I was about to lose the lure over a log, and it just dropped and missed it... no sooner did it hit the water WHACK I was on... admittedly they weren't the greatest sized fish... but between the both of us we would of landed 14-15 fish, all bass... smallest being about 18cm, the largest being about 28cm, all fish were released after they had their photo taken...

Tight lines...

Hi Forliano

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider!

Sounds like you had a fantastic fishing session! Which cicada lure were you using? With the warmer weather approaching, they should be flying around soon! Doesn't matter how small they are - they all fight hard!

Well done

Roberta

Welcome Forliano

Congrats on your first bass. It's amazing that different lures can be so effective over others on particular days. If you know the fish are there you've just got to persist, which you did brilliantly. Well done.

Regards, Hutcho