Broken Bay Wide 16/12

Bashir

Swoffa and I headed out into broken bay to do a bit of exploring and see if we could find an early season beakie or dollie or perhaps a stray tuna. We headed out to Broken Bay wide and swoffa with his hawk eyes spotted a heap of birds in a concentrated area south of BB Wide. We trolled that area for a bit and landed a big sambo on a top gun terminator. :1tongue: They don't fight too well on 15kg. :thumbdown: We then checked out BB wide and found a heap of traps in the area, nothing on them at all. :thumbdown: We then went further east to the new fisheries FAD off broken bay and that too was devoid of all life. We headed back inshore and tried to get some kingies around the pittwater mooring without success. It was a bit of a shocker today fish wise, but was still a top day on the water.

The FAD is about 2-3nm east of BB Wide. That was as far as we headed out. From memory it was in about 100m of water, but don't quote me on that, maybe swoffa will remember. The coordinates for all FADS are on the fisheries website. This is the broken bay one:

Sydney North

33.35.554 S

151.34.607 E

Check out the rest here:

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/sw/fad/fad-locations.htm

Guest bluecod

Swoff/Bash,

It aint only Sambos' that fail to break the rubber band :biggrin2: 30 to 40 kg marlin also tend to be prone to sit there and shake their heads waiting for the hook to be taken out - no emoticon to describe that, :05:

ive been working bb wide etc last few weeks.

a month of sundays trolling and nothing yet..

the waters not warm enough yet.

out closer to the shelf ive seen schools of baitfish getting carved up by dolphins time and time again, but nothing else!!

fads arent producing yet as only the rare dollie has turned up randomly, they will start schooling under the fad when the temp and baitfish come in.

we havent even picked up any stripies or bonito. its dead out there.

actually the only hit was some stupid bird picked up my squidgie garrie and took it for a spin.

if you're trolling the fads later when they start producing, terrigal and north syd fad are only about 8 miles within each other, so you may as well check them both.

things hsould start to get better soon, at the moment focus on kingies at pittwater or jewies the hawkesbury.

things should liven up in the next few weeks, i hope.

we had tagged a few bills by this time last year so its bit of a late season.

Col :]