Certate Question

davester28

Guys

Just a quick question for those who own these reels or know about them.

What is the difference (apart from price) between the normal Certates and the Customs? I read somewhere that the 2500R Custom is just a 2500 sized spool on a 3000 body. Is there all there is to it? (ie. no enhancements in gearing, drag, etc?) None of the Daiwa websites tell me any different.

If this is indeed the case, why would you pay $100 more for a 2500R when you can just buy the 3000 and get more line capacity?

thanks,

dave

the 2500R Custom is just a 2500 sized spool on a 3000 body

You also get the machined handle with a bearing in the knob too!!.

I guess the line capacity of a 3000 would be handy if thats what you need but i filled my 2500R with near enough to a full spool of 20lb whiplash....if can't stop it with 7kg(max)drag and 10kilo line within 300yds then i'll have to chase it :1fishing1: or lose :mad3:

P.s. Not sure of pricing for the handle and knob kit but i'd reckon its more than $100 bucks.

Oh and these are mega sweet reels. I'm lovin' mine.

cheers Roo.

Edited by Roo

You also get the machined handle with a bearing in the knob too!!.

I guess the line capacity of a 3000 would be handy if thats what you need but i filled my 2500R with near enough to a full spool of 20lb whiplash....if can't stop it with 7kg(max)drag and 10kilo line within 300yds then i'll have to chase it :1fishing1: or lose :mad3:

P.s. Not sure of pricing for the handle and knob kit but i'd reckon its more than $100 bucks.

Oh and these are mega sweet reels. I'm lovin' mine.

cheers Roo.

Roo - Just contemplating the purchase of the same reel and was thinking I wanted the bigger spool of the 3000, but think the 2500 custom would be the way to go. Could not part with the money and end up with a cast handle.

John

if your looking for more line capacity then go with the 3000 or 4000 reels. Or the 3500HD is a 4000 body with a 3500 rotor and spool......and swanky machined handle......I was originally looking to go with the 4000 but reassessed my needs. Decided I can fit enough line on the 2500 size and will find it more comfortable(100gms lighter) to use for long periods. I'll use this reel for plastic stickbaits and medium poppers on a O/S trip to the Solomons and then for shallow reefies etc around home (tweed) and Moreton bay Tuna spinning. Also will get some use in the Barra impoundments of SE QLD. Has more drag capability than my baitcasters....but only just!!

Cheers Roo.

I dont think there is a bearing in the knob..

There is on the schematics in the box!! and if you give it a flick......spin, spin, spin......

Thats also why the std reels have 9bb and the custom models have 10.