Fished Little Street

arpie

Hi guys

Had a go at Little St yesterday morning whilst Keith had a swim & gym session - nice flat area with a tree to keep you in the shade. YOu can see the fish rolling around right in front of you in very shallow water, but you rarely catch them!! Tide was on the last of the run-out - perfect for that spot! I was using the weed from the pond on the wall & they really liked it, especially the little rubbish fish in close (surgeons & others!)

Cast out further (just beyond the red pole) & got a good hit. I'm on! Got it half way back to the shore & it got off! :( Cast out again & another good one jumped on & I got it into the wall & realised I didn't have a net! Tried to 'walk' it down to the steps (for a better chance of landing it, as it was a heavy fish) & it also got off! :1badmood:

Nothing for the few more casts, then I am on again! Got this one to the wall & just heaved it onto the grass! Yay! One for the bucket! It was 35cm. Just as quickly, the bite went off, however the locals were going great guns on bream with frozen liver!! They gave me some to use & if I caught any, I was going to give it to them. I wasn't that lucky!! However, had fun trying with the float! Seeing as how I only had the one fish, when I left, I donated my blackie to their tally!! They were happy!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hi Moonset

I was using my usual setup - running float. Having said that ..... whilst I was up at Nambucca recently, the guys on the wall say that when the tide is at it's slowest, they sometimes put a big sinker on & chuck it in with a long trace to the weed or cabbage, to target the ones sitting on the bottom! I guess if I did that, I'd use a breakaway sinker on cotton in case it snagged in the rocks!

Cheers

Roberta