Zenfingers Report M/h

zen801

Hi Raiders,

Thankfully i got a call this morning from Martin AKA Fishy Fingers to see if i wanted to hit the harbour for a fish.

I thought of all the domestics i had planned for today, painting, mowing and more and thought for like 1 second B4 deciding - stuff it. Of course i bounced it off the good fishermans wife for a day release.

Ducked down to tackle store for bait to find very nice fresh squid.

Fishy turns up with boat in tow and we head down to Roseville to find the ramp closed due to idiots from some gig in the reserve all parking in our trailer section. So we get out of there and head to Tunks. Tunks is packed but parking is available.

Only problem is the boat wont start due to battery problems and its pretty windy out there. Stuff it back to frenchs forest and pick up my tinnie and head to Roseville to try our luck. All good so we launch the boat and head out into the wind after a short yarn to humesy who had just pulled an all nighter.

It's so windy out there we decide to go to old faithfull and grab a mooring and hunker down for a fish. Pretty quiet down there for the first hour or two until one hour before high tide.

I get a hit and after a short fight bring up a 55cm jewie. He was stuffed with hook deep in belly and bleeding heavily. His swim bladder was sticking out of his mouth and he didnt make it back into the water. Had to keep him even though i wanted to release him.

Five minutes later i get smashed and after a reasonable fight boat a 65cm fat flattie. Mate we were rapt and no sooner than we had taken care of her when Martin gets smashed and then boats a 67cm flattie.

Maybe ten minutes later i get another jew of about 50cm. This one is OK and is released.

It was pretty freaky and we were laughing about how good the action was and i joked that a kingie would top the day off. About 10 minutes later Martin brings up a nice pinkie and a good size king follows him up. The kingie hangs around long enough for martin to get a squid in front of him and hes on.

Kings dives deep for a fast and furious run but spits the dummy and lives to tell the tale.

High tide came up and the fish shut down. In a 30 - 40 min period the action was hot and Middle Harbour provides the goods once again.

The spot that provided was my usual favourite spot, so for those who know its all good its just a matter of being there for that small window when they come on and feed freely.

Good day considering the start wasnt looking good.

Cheers. PS onya Fishy Fingerspost-2060-1192967044_thumb.jpgpost-2060-1192967044_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1192967399_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman