Sydney Harbour

skunga

Hit the water at 430am on saturday morning - An ominous looking sky and still a lot of wind blowing it didnt look too fishy - I met up with Squidboy in Balmain and we set off in search of some yakkas.. no luck..

Hit up my usual position and we were onto a few 30cm tailor.. certainly not the runs of early season kings!

after a few torn up plastics, Dale rocks up and has a few shots.. no luck.

We head off in search of squid.. many spots tried but with no luck. I managed to pick up one perfect size for kings and had him out live at various markers around the place. No luck - downrigged and all.

Dropped Marco off, then sat in the sun with Dale trying for something to take home. No good..

An enjoyable session, albiet minus the kings, but great to have a fish with a raider.

I took the boat out again on sunday late in the afternoon. I was getting smashed by the wind and wash from all the weekend warriors coming home.. really frustrating to have 40ft cruisers come thru at 20knts about 10m away, waving... I got wet several times :ranting2:

anyway, just on sunset the wind died down and i managed a few drifts past my fave spot..

how sweet it is after all the frustration to be rewarded - 67cm ratking on placcie

Headed home after that :thumbup:

post-5138-1193008590_thumb.jpg

good job skunga!

dont know why you tried all day on squid and yakka! youve been killing them on the plastics(of all sorts).

the way your going you could probably chuck a rubber band on a jighead (actually id like to hear that in your next report) :074:

good job skunga!

dont know why you tried all day on squid and yakka! youve been killing them on the plastics(of all sorts).

the way your going you could probably chuck a rubber band on a jighead (actually id like to hear that in your next report) :074:

Ha, ill give anything a go.. ive got some big rubber bands sitting at home.. just add some scent and whack it on the jighead.. ha what do I get if I bag one?

We were trying with the baits as the plastics were just not firing.

I think it has much to do with the amount of boats out - I hadn't fished in the morning on a saturday for a while now.. dayum - so much traffic and everyone chucking plastic around..

give me an arvo sunset session anyday! (will be out there tomoro arvo)

Hey steve,

Thanks for the fishing trip on saturday first of all. Was good to get out and try the old plastics. That pot we caught the squid is a productive spot over summer, but remember that marker where I said it holds squid too if the wind blows the other way.

nice healthy rat there, seems like the time of the day plays alot when goig for the rats at spot x.

I should be out this sat if you want to jump onboard the squidboy vessel lol

Cheers for the day out once again.

squidboy

Nice work again Skunga!!!!! i heard of many people on the weekend that once again went fishless......well not completely but nothing of any great note and definately not the kings they were targeting!!!!

Hey steve,

Thanks for the fishing trip on saturday first of all. Was good to get out and try the old plastics. That pot we caught the squid is a productive spot over summer, but remember that marker where I said it holds squid too if the wind blows the other way.

nice healthy rat there, seems like the time of the day plays alot when goig for the rats at spot x.

I should be out this sat if you want to jump onboard the squidboy vessel lol

Cheers for the day out once again.

squidboy

Yeah i'm keen to try the marker you pointed out - I will be making it a regular stop off on my sessions.

Definately, that spot holds kings 90% of the time but late afternoon shows a marked increase in hookups/follows. I'm heading out this afternoon again with Daleyboy for our regular midweek session.

Saturday is looking the goods - would love to go for a run on your boat mate.

I'll give you a call later in the week.