Avoca Rocks...

KINGvirgin

Hey guys !

been busy with sport, uni and work so havent had a chance to wet a line.

This weekend im heading away with the soccer boys for our end of season trip to Copacobana on the Central Coast......

im thinking of a trip to Avoca's famous rock ledges.......or anywhere else local thats good...

was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for where to go, baits to use, etc....

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers!

Ian

Hi Mate, fishing avoc all you need is a block of pilly, with a pilly under a float or a pilly cast out un weighted would do the trick. Don't know whats around but in summer there is plenty of bonnies to keep you busy. But like Yeeros has said the rocks a pretty slippery, just be carefull when your there.

Cheers

Edited by SZ1

I like spinning up there!

all sorts metals and sluggos

but you must be consistent

or

live bait under float out as far as possible

u can catch yakkas there

or

blackfish and drummer! theres plenty there, live crabs or bread is my pick

Plus Yes its very slippery there, be careful!

and on a saturday if the weather is good there should be a few others there too

Cheers Jin

Hi KINGvirgin,

Still a little quiet on the beaches: an occasional salmon, tailer or whiting. Should improve as we move into summer. Brisbane Water seems to be fishing better at the moment.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by kenmare

Mate if your going with hungover novice fisherman STAY AWAY.

Any ocean rock ledge is a bad idea for that mix and Avoca is no acception, there are enough plaques to the people that have passed at that ledge and no need to risk adding more.

Hit the beaches or take em into brisbane waters for some bream and flatties, more fun, they can keep drinking at a much lower risk to their safety.

Also avoca gets crouded, really really crouded, like shoulder to shoulder in summer and i find it aint worth it anymore! Thats why i only fish it in the rain / reasonably bad weather / weekdays when i can.

p.s bad weather / rain cleats are a 1,000,000,000% MUST!

Mate if your going with hungover novice fisherman STAY AWAY.

Any ocean rock ledge is a bad idea for that mix and Avoca is no acception, there are enough plaques to the people that have passed at that ledge and no need to risk adding more.

Hit the beaches or take em into brisbane waters for some bream and flatties, more fun, they can keep drinking at a much lower risk to their safety.

Also avoca gets crouded, really really crouded, like shoulder to shoulder in summer and i find it aint worth it anymore! Thats why i only fish it in the rain / reasonably bad weather / weekdays when i can.

p.s bad weather / rain cleats are a 1,000,000,000% MUST!

SO RIGHT YEEROS,

Take Note KING VIRGIN ,not for the novice fisho.......... :mad3: ...............Extremely Dangerous......XXXXXXXXX

CHEERS BART :1fishing1:

Edited by bart