First Post-port Hacking 19/10/07

Guest whitey1417

Guest whitey1417

Im always checking out everyone elses fishing reports to see where their biting so I thought its only fair to join up and give a few reports of my own.

Having packed the boat the night before, we arrived at Dolans Bay wharf at 7.00am and after the usual Everest climb to park the car at the top of the hill we headed around to the hole out the front of Lilli Pilli Baths to see if any kingies were around. The tide was dead low and their wasnt much current running but after burleying heavy for 1 hour no fish and no bites not even the pesky little bream were about.

I then decided to try for a few flathead drifting along the flats near mainbar and although we spotted plenty in the clear water they werent attacking any baits (fresh prawn/squid). The next 2 hours were spent trying just about every spot in Port Hacking -Warumbul, South West Arm, Costens Point and still no fish.

The prawns had turned a shade of pink but as the tide was now high I thought we'd give it one last try just drifting off Little Turiel Bay. Within 5 minutes of the burley (chook pellets) hitting the water the next half hour was on fire with multiple hook ups and drags screaming. In total more than 20 trevally mostly around the 30cm mark and a PB flounder of 41cm were caught. I also noticed that on 2 occassions a very big flathead was following up a hooked up trevally.

In the end a pretty good day on the water and not a bad feed.

post-5780-1193117298_thumb.jpg

post-5780-1193117301_thumb.jpg

G'day Whitey,

Sounds like you had to work pretty hard for your Feed,

Bet it makes them taste that much better!!

Well done on your P.B flounder,

surprising you didn't hit a Flattie.

Good first up effort mate,

Keep'em coming!!!!

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

Guest whitey1417

Great effort Whitey,

Fantastic first report.

How big is that Bream? He looks to have some size about him.

Gday Esky6

Bream went 40cm however lost a bigger one on the same day right at the boat. The old man was a bit slow with the net. :05:

I noticed heaps of fish about the same size or bigger only 2 metres from the shore west point off Little Turiel Bay however Im not sure if they were bream or blackfish.