Botany Bay

Outnumbered

Drifted off Brighton for uncountable small brim and 2 just over legal (all released) then ran up to the cans and drifted back towards the bridge for more small brim and 1 decent lizard ( lost at the net :ranting2: ).

Boated a 2KG numbfish (of course i have never caught one before and didnt know what it was until i tried to pick it up ).

Got taken for a big run on a whole squid on gang hooks and played for about 5 minutes before the line snapped didnt get to see any coulor so no idea what it was, but i'll be telling my mates it was a 3 foot lizard :biggrin2:

Ran over to the runways when the wind picked up and got you guessed it more small brim and lizards.

got home with a wet arse, no fish, and a nice red glow. But any day on the water is better than a day at work. :1prop:

Edited by wombat10

Boated a 2KG numbfish (of course i have never caught one before and didnt know what it was until i tried to pick it up ).

A bit of a shocking experience touching a numb fish :1prop: , there seems to be quite a few in the bay I get one about every second trip.

no idea what it was, but i'll be telling my mates it was a 3 foot lizard  :biggrin2:

24156[/snapback]

I'd be telling em it was a Kingy! :risata::risata:

Bad luck Wombat! Better luck next time. :thumbup:

A bit of a shocking experience touching a numb fish :1prop: , there seems to be quite a few in the bay I get one about every second trip.

24173[/snapback]

touching one? i tried to belly lift it into the boat! :1yikes: felt like i grabbed a 240 volt wire.

i was just reading about them, apparently they can deliver a big enough shock to cause temporary paralysis!!

Trod on one of thos bas#%^'s once launching at Grays Point. I had hold of the bowrail, and don't they give you a belt! For a moment I was stuck to the boat. :ranting2:

Glad I don't have a pacemaker, it ain't an experience I want to have again in a hurry.

That same day I trolled one up in front of deer park. I was very careful releasing it :1tongue:

Cheers

Ken