Botany Bay 18/12/04

Hooky.

G'day Raiders.

The objective for the day was to get a sniff of whiting and flatties for a feed. :biggrin2:

We started off at the container wall drowning pillies until the turn of the tide and pulled up two flatties and a, wait for it........a blue swimmer crab.....mmmmm....mmmm.

After a while things died down and all the sheep decided to turn up so we thought it was time to get our feed.

So we ventured over to the only place that is guarenteed a feed of whiting and flatties, Brighton Le sands.

This is always our insurance policy for Botany Bay and once again we were happy to catch a feed of whiting and flatties.

It wasn't easy going with one whiting for every ten reddies but we still ended up with a good feed.

It was a good day spent with two mates sharing a coffee and cream lamingtons for morning tea and a couple of beers at the end. Can't ask for more than that. :1clap:

Chilli Crab for dinner.

post-9-1103361171_thumb.jpg

One of the smaller whiting which went 30cms.

post-9-1103361171_thumb.jpg

cheers

hooky

post-9-1103361585_thumb.jpg

G'day fella's, I just finished the crab and it was mmmm delish. :thumbup:

The day was more or less a get together with two mates before Chrissy, so it was mainly bait fishing with the odd SP thrown out when we weren't chatting. :1gathering:

I caught some small reddies on p/seed and pearl watermelon bass minnows but other than that, not much at all. :thumbdown:

As for the whiting, they were all caught on peeled hawkesbury prawn, broken up to a size no bigger than your finger nail and put on a small trout hook. I still had a large sinker on, #4 I think from memory, just so I could keep on the bottom. :1fishing1:

If you can put up with the reddies taking your baits you will get a feed of whiting for sure. Just do the usual drift on the flats and you should be right. :thumbup:

As for Botany Bay fishing wise at the moment, shocking. Especially when you compare it to this time last year. :thumbdown:

cheers

hooky

Nice one Hooky,

Well I gave up the days fishing to start the retainer and what a bad idea that was. Digging trenches in the heat over the weekend gave me the :ranting2: .

Wish I could have met you boys out there.

Good to see boxhead didnt land any flatties on plastic you would have never heard the end of it :risata:

Have to agree on the chilli crab mmm.mmmm

Good to see you out fished Ziggy and Rod :1tongue::risata:

Edited by Luke

G'day Luke, the good thing was that Boxhead went home empty handed. :1prop:

Me and Steven caught all the keepers and as we did we immediately sent a text to Ziggy each time just to rub it in. :risata:

BTW everyone, the water police where keeping a high profile in the Bay on Saturday as well. :1yikes:

cheers

hooky