Riasing Outboard

chuncho

Gday,

I raised my 50 hp etec (on the back of a 459 stabicraft) a whole yesterday. The bracket at the top of the mounting plate on the outboard no longer comes in contact with the outbaord mount on the transom. The two vertical lugs that hang over the outboard mount don' touch either.

So basically it is only the 4 bolts holding it on. Is this o.k?

If I drop it a whole they wont contact any way, and if I drop it one more it will be back in its starting position

cheers,

Charlie

chuncho

So you raised the outboard on your transom using the bolt holes doing so by moving to the next hole down on your motor .

It should be okay that the top of the top of the mount isn,t in contact with the top of the transom.

i am not sure what you mean about the lug doesn,t touch.

chuncho

So you raised the outboard on your transom using the bolt holes doing so by moving to the next hole down on your motor .

It should be okay that the top of the top of the mount isn,t in contact with the top of the transom.

i am not sure what you mean about the lug doesn,t touch.

Sorry, :(

I have just read what I wrote and it doesn't make much sense. I did raise my outboard using the bolt 'holes'. I moved two holes down on the motor. This brings the cavitation plate about 2mm above the bottom of the hull.

'lugs'. On the outboard, the top of the mount looks like an inverted U. With a horizontal bend (that appears to rest on the transom) and two vertical 'lugs' that appear to hang onto the transom. After raising the outboard, the horizontal section doesnt rest on top of the transom and the lugs don't come in contact with the transom.

After having a further look I dont think the lugs were in contact with the transom prior to raising the motor anyway, the gap is too large.

thanks for your reply

chuncho

Gday,

I raised my 50 hp etec (on the back of a 459 stabicraft) a whole yesterday. The bracket at the top of the mounting plate on the outboard no longer comes in contact with the outbaord mount on the transom. The two vertical lugs that hang over the outboard mount don' touch either.

So basically it is only the 4 bolts holding it on. Is this o.k?

If I drop it a whole they wont contact any way, and if I drop it one more it will be back in its starting position

cheers,

Charlie

Hi Charlie i lifted my motor 2 holes to now have cavatation plate sitting just above hull level and i have picked up 400 revs at WOT and reduced fuel at cruise some what, There is no problem in what you have done with regards to lugs being higher than transom, i raised that question when i first did it with some concerns and found the lugs are mostly there for transport and initial location on transom. Cheers Dave

Thanks for the info, I will give it a run and see how it goes. I can always lower it a hole if needed so nothing to lose. Although after feeling proud of myself and raising the motor I had thoughts of it falling in the drink and the :wife: saying "I told you not to touch the motor". I guess I can never say I had a quiet life!

thanks again for the info