Heavy Fog

frangkie

post-5268-1193555535_thumb.jpgpost-5268-1193555556_thumb.jpg

went out this morn at 0500 from botany bay. The plan was to look for kings around the washes of kurnell.

The only problem was trying to navigate through the ridiculously thich fog which was only allowing me to see about 15 meters in front of the bow. Finally after about half an hour and much dissorientation I mannaged to find my bearings and target my fav wash.

I slow trolled squid around the headland and hooked up on the second pass. I soon had a king in the boat and about 15 hanging around the boat. They were only small fish but still good fun. After i ran out of squid i decided to spin for them and caught a few on white bass assassin stick baits which was fun, especially on 6lb bream gear. any way here is a couple of pics. One of them is a double hookup on one bait! :beersmile:

Edited by frangkie

Sounds like a fun day out on the water even with the fog it can definately be a bit disorientating.

Was the double hook up on the soft plastics or on the squid?

the hookup was on the second hook of the squid stinger rig. the funny thing was when the second fish hooked up there was no bait on the hook!