Tues 30th /10 Maroubra Beach Session

Bigfoot

Hi all,

I will be at the 'Bra for an afternoon/night Sortie during the week,

on Tues 30th /10.

Now that Daylight savings has begun we can get set up in the light and if the

bite gets hot, stick around into the darker hours of the evening.

This way we can find a stretch, away from the surfers and

continue there or move about if nothing is doing.

There is a low tide in the evening and we should get a solid shot at some of the local worms,

as well as some Flathead and Whiting in the rising water ( tide) later on

Should be at the Beach at about 6pm ish, it is hard to say where exactly as i won't

get a chance to see the gutters until Monday arvo, I will post again Monday Evening

whether i will be Nth, Sth or middle.

As for bait and other such incidentals, I will have a bit with me

and am keen to try for some local worms as well as

flicking a few lures around also.

So bring Whoever and Whatever you wish to and if I have forgoten to mention anything,

or if you would like to ask anything, DON'T BE SHY!!!!

Looking Forward to meeting a few of you on the Sand

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

... im not shy...

haha hey bigfoot hows going??? man i am so tempted to go but cannot, have dream job interview monday night and work tuesday and exam death after that.... boooo....

i got your previous reply too sorry been busy and havnt replied.... bigfoot, are you sure you cant put it off for just another 2 weeks?? cmon man... and dude, uni students certainly dont have stamina and endurance, we have ANXIETY ATTACKS and STRESS RELATED MENTAL ILLNESS haha

hmm so anyway, hope you guys have a good fish eh, tell me about it after but be gentle i dont want to feel too bad about missing my one and only chance of catching fish!!

... im not shy...

haha hey bigfoot hows going??? man i am so tempted to go but cannot, have dream job interview monday night and work tuesday and exam death after that.... boooo....

i got your previous reply too sorry been busy and havnt replied.... bigfoot, are you sure you cant put it off for just another 2 weeks?? cmon man... and dude, uni students certainly dont have stamina and endurance, we have ANXIETY ATTACKS and STRESS RELATED MENTAL ILLNESS haha

hmm so anyway, hope you guys have a good fish eh, tell me about it after but be gentle i dont want to feel too bad about missing my one and only chance of catching fish!!

My Heart bleeds!!!!!!

Mental Illness hey????

Now I understand!!!!

Good tide, Good bait and even better company, how could you miss this???????

Good luck

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

My Heart bleeds!!!!!!

Mental Illness hey????

Now I understand!!!!

Good tide, Good bait and even better company, how could you miss this???????

Good luck

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... alright, im going to jinx myself

if i get this job by tuesday, i will come and fish!!! If not, you guys probably wont hear from me again for.... well however long it takes for my reincarnation to grow up and start fishing

i dont want to miss this either but near exam time, its always better weather, better fishing, even the motor show is on...

good luck

ahhh bet you guys are down there catching a few right now... sorry couldnt join you guys ive got too much on and nothing is going as planned... maybe next time eh, but let me know how you guys go!!! with details please, like how much of the beach you guys worked, line, hook and sinker... id hate to finish my exams go fishing and still catch nothign haha!!

I don't believe it!

I take my eye off the ball for a couple of days and you organise and then attend the beachfishing night - all without me realising. What a fool I am.

Hope you guys had some success.

Ah spewin!! I missed it too!!

How did you guys go?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gness I was down there with my grandson Little Jewgaffer when we met up with Vass (Bigfoot) in the afternoon. Too much weed, too many swimmers and boardriders and a shift in the gutters.

If time permits on Saturday, wouldn't it be better to lob down there about 6pm to check out the gutters and get more of the evening quality bite time than the short go you get in the morning ? Being a Saturday and an early finish to get ready for go out time, the swimmers and boardriders generally leave in mass and you'd get a real good go along the beach, as all the wading, treading and swimming activity does good things to stir up the sand.

When the beach is deserted and the night rolls on you should be able to see rods suddenly go off everywhere. Gee mate I hope it's still like the old days, you would even got lobsters in the north corner of the rock pools.

Sydney area results lately with the warm currents tell me you'll score well in the evening after the swimmers go and like most other surf beaches it will happen "out of the blue" .

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey jewgaffer, I know what you mean about the boardriders being a pain (though I'm one myself :1prop: ) I'm hoping to get down there early, give the local worms and whiting a crack before the crowds show up and then move to either northern or southern rocks. And if the fish ain't biting then I'll just swap my rod for a board :yahoo:

Hi All,

Back from 2 weeks M.I.A. and looking forward to spending some quality time on the sand.

However with daylight savings it is more realistic to say a start of 7 to 7:30pm to avoid a lot

of frustration.

Hope to see more of you next time

Stay in touch.

Bigfoot

Hi there guys,

Will probably be Bra bound on Thursday evening :1fishing1: Thinking about hitting the rocks on the south side at about 4ish then moving on to the beach after the crowds have gone home. Fairly new to the beach scene so would love some advice if I see any of you down there

alasdair