Nepean River

Guest rzep

Sorry for the late report I have just been heaps busy and this is the first time I have had a chance to get it done.

First off I would like to thank Pops Punt for a top morning. :thumbup:

I met Marty at the ramp down at Trench Reserve just on 5:00am and we quickly had the boat in the water and we were racing up the river through the narrows.

We started to work the river bank with various lures and it wasn't untill after 6:00am we had our first luck. :biggrin2:

I got a hit out in the deeper water and hooked up to what I thought was a smallish size bass as it was not giving much of a fight until it got close to the boat and then it gave me a little bit of curry but not as much as I thought that it would of given me. I got it into the net and after a quick measure and a kiss it went back to fight another day.

As I didn't bring my camera I failed to get a happy snap but it measured in at 33cm which was a good start to the day.

Just after this Marty said that we should of taken a picture of it with the phone and I said if we get another one then we would do that. :wacko:

Another cast and I got hit again and hooked up. This one was fighting much more then the first one and I thought that I would go close to beating my PB. Well to my suprise once I got it to the boat I realised that it was only about 20-25cm so I didn't even bother with the net and attempted to pole it in and then it spat the lure half way up to the boat. :thumbdown:

I know better but I was too lazy :thumbdown:

A couple of minutes later and I was on again and this one had the drag on my little reel screaming and I must say that it is the best fight that I have got from a bass.

A nice scoop of the net by Marty and I had it in the boat. Once again we quickly measured it and it went just on 38cm, and it was as fat as. A picture was taken on Marty's phone and it was quickly released.

post-963-1193562630_thumb.jpg

These fish all came from the same section of river all in a space of 5 minutes while Marty was deeling with a tangle in his line. :thumbdown: So unfortunatly he missed out on all of the fun.

We tried quite a few other spots that looked the goods but un-fortunatly that was to be it for the day as I had commitments at home and we were back in the ramp by 08:00am.

Once again thank you for a good morning Marty it was an enjoyable morning and we will have to do it again. :yahoo:

THANKS PAUL,

IT WAS A GOOD COUPLE OF HOURS ON THE WATER AND IT

WAS GREAT TO JUST HAVE A SPIN IN YOUR NEW RIG, AND I MUST

SAY WHAT A NICE SETUP IT IS. :thumbup: THANKS AGAIN PAUL AND WE WILL

DO IT AGAIN SOON, MAYBE WITH WATTO NEXT TIME IF HE CAN

GET OUT OF BED EARLY . :074:

CHEERS MARTY.