An Evening With The Jewgaffers, 'bra 30/10

Bigfoot

Hi All,

Just a quick note for all that couldn't make it out onto the sand on Tuesday,

Now, after finishing work and running a few errands, i made it home and began gathering my things.

Only now Realizing I am re-spooling my Alveys for a trip i am planning down the Sth coast and have

yet too complete my servicing. So, I am forced to take some of my "Back up" gear. Oh well, I packed the car and i was off.

Firstly i was going to try and catch a livey or two at my Favourite spot only to be crowded out,

so i decided to walk the flats and flick a little minnow around to see if was swimming well in preperation for the Beach Session where i was looking forward to giving it a SOLID Workout.

On the third cast i found some deeper water and after feeling the bottom gave my stick a couple of good wristy flicks,

on the drop i noticed theslack in the line disappear, STRIKE!!!! Instantly loading resistance

into my little 7 footer with 4lb test on a tiny 1000 size reel, I wondered if I'd snagged for a second,

then a head shake followed closely with a tail beat that clicked on the drag thrice woke me up " Frog".

After a bit of give and take a 45cm Dusky, A real bit of fun on a test run.

post-2390-1193812122_thumb.jpg

On my way back to get the camera, I was HORRIFIED to notice this beside one of my footprints,

post-2390-1193813147_thumb.jpg

After picking it up, poking the point into a bud of a plant growing near by and putting the whole lot

into a plastic drink bottle, i decided the safest thing to do was thro it into the bin. I am aware in

better circumstances that that is not the place to put a naked Syringe, however it has to be better than

leaving it on the sand where I nearly stepped on it and where other people may have.

If you found it, what would you do?

Any how close to 6pm so back into the car and off to the 'Bra.

On Arriving I found a high Point and looked for a gutter, Boom nice deep Channel !!!

Problem was it was inundated with Tea baggers moving in and out through the rip that had formed,

Bummer!!, Then i saw a section closer to the Southern Stones where i would have my only chance

of casting a line before Sunset, So I took it.

Moving from the path to the sand i noticed a young boy running towards me and arriving with a huff

asked me " Are you a FishRaider"?. Yes I reply " You can Call Me Bigfoot", "I'm Little JewGaffer &

That's my pop JewGaffer" as he pointed to a silouette on a distant path.

After an introduction we made our way to an unoccupied area and I began to rig up, still lots of swimmers

around so we got to talking, we exchanged views on several issues, equiptment, Rigs and it didn't take me

long to realise yes the Jewgaffer can talk, but when he does it pays to listen as he has a wealth of Knowledge

that has been picked up through Experience, and trial and error and not only through one generation,

it has been passed on from previous generations and refined over time.

Anyway after Little JG had a swim and a go at catching some beachworms i casted my line only to be dragged in the current by the constant runn of seaweed. Persevearing for a while it was getting dark and yes I was enjoying the Messers Jewgaffers' company and after suggesting a move to the now less populated

gutter that i liked the look of before.

I cast in again with 1/2 a Mullet as inticement but all i got was frustrated by more weed, as Jr Jewgaffer was

still damp and nobody else was there I made the call to end the session and try again another time.

I would like to end by saying how much i appreciated the experience and look forward to

Catching up with the boys soon.

Catch Ya's

Bigfoot

Edited by Bigfoot

Hi Bigfoot,

Yeah i have almost stepped on syringes at Long reef after big storm water run off.

Friday night beach fishing at Long Reef i got bitten by a bee and mate i am allergic to the little suckers.

Almost a week later my foot is still swollen and blackish/blue around the bite.

I am gonna have to wear my shoes from now on.

Nice flattie there and we were getting bits of weed too. No fish the other night and there were a few guys fishing for beach jews.

Cheers