Afternoon Tailor!

wildfish

home early so decided on a fish!

i pm'ed james and we were on!

got to a deserted penrhyn ramp and launched the boat, ran about 100m out and told james i think well tie on some lures now and troll out to the heads! set the lures back and picked up to 4knots and less than 20seconds and im into a fish!!! short fight later and i have a tailor at the boat! as we didnt have the net ready and i could see he wasnt hooked well, i didnt mind dropping him on the lift!

lures back out and start again. about 5 minuts later james says look "birds". so i turn towards them and troll over "ok james bring in the lures""im on" beauty another tailor!!!

so we grab the small gear with metals tied on and turn to see BIG schools all over the bay! and start casting! straight away were on! hookups every cast! we fish for about 25m and keep 4 tailor between 30 and 40cm! and the schools start to fade! whilst un hooking fish james noticed 1 spewing up tiny fish 2.5 - 3cm!

so back to trolling, all the way to long bay! but no bites! as i was keen to try for some snapper on plastic and the sun was dissapearing we moved into the rocks and started casting, i felt some hits but could only manage 2 large pike!

on the way back we were treated to a show from about 10 flying fish!!!

What a great way to finish a day's work, Luke! Terrific Report & fantastic fishing! Take every opportunity to fish as it comes!!

Well done

Roberta

PS How is the worming going?? Done any lately - lots of big whiting on the beaches!

Hi guys

Yeh was a top arvo sesh.

The flying fish were tops.

There was also abit of surface action off long bay about 50-60 meters out from the rocks.

I was using a raider 20gram for the tailor

Luke picked his tailor up on a 10cm skirt and on a gillies whitebait around the 20gram mark.

Luke got the pike on sp's

A boat also fishing the same school of tailor landed what looked to be a salmon or BIG tailor around the 60-70cm mark.

cheers james

cheers james

Hi guys

Yeh was a top arvo sesh.

The flying fish were tops.

There was also abit of surface action off long bay about 50-60 meters out from the rocks.

I was using a raider 20gram for the tailor

Luke picked his tailor up on a 10cm skirt and on a gillies whitebait around the 20gram mark.

Luke got the pike on sp's

A boat also fishing the same school of tailor landed what looked to be a salmon or BIG tailor around the 60-70cm mark.

cheers james

cheers james

could have been a king?? in schools like that let lure sink to search deeper waters for those bigger preditory fish