Express Boats

GregL

Hi Raiders

I am considering a change of fishing styles in the very near future.

The bream have been great and a fantastic challenge but the call of harder pulling fish is becoming to strong. I have a back ground in game fishing from a long time ago. We use to own a few charter boats in the past out of Sydney but were mainly out of either game boats or profishing style boats. In the last season our team fished out of Glen Hunters boat when it was under a different name. I loved the layout of the boat but always wondered how much better a glass version would handle at sea......

I am thinking something in the 28-32ft range but must be twin shaft drive diesel powered as it will be left in the water. Toilet, fridge, sleep a few guys and I'd be happy. Air would be a massive plus!

Second hand but not to old as I don't think I can justify the money for a brand newey!

Anyone been in any of the new generation express boats?

I am even considering flying to the states and bringing one back!

Greg

hi greg,

ive been on a luhrs 28ft express and i found they are a great boat but being so open they are a bit prone to getting a little more wet than other boats.

they will differ from hull to hull i guess but the luhrs is a pretty great ride.

have you seen the 34ft pirate sports fisher? an old boat brought back and now they are building them again.

they have a great finish/layout.

http://www.piratesportyachts.com.au/psf.php

express version are pretty popular these days though, blackwatch,cabo etc etc all have an express model

if you're a member of a game club get down and have a chat with a few of the guys

i know in broken bay game theres a few express models floating around. in fact i think "trawler" a riviera express is for sale still. might be worth a look. its a nice boat.

http://www.gameboats.com.au/brokerage/56/R...000-Trawler.htm

thats the boat there. oic its been sold. nevermind :P

Col

Edited by djmac

Thanks Col

Thos Pirate's look nice but I would say pretty pricey!

The Riv I saw in Trade a boat, looks great but I was told by someone who rode on it that it wasnt great.

Been on the net over the last few weeks.

Bit of home work on shipping and stuff.

With the Aussie dollar so high the value of second hand boats in the States make them almost affordable!

What do you think of something like this?

post-3563-1193877990_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1193878012_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1193878029_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1193878048_thumb.jpg

Full add if you want to see.

http://www.boats.com/sites/70westmarina/bo...tityid=17779301

Greg

if you're a member of a game club get down and have a chat with a few of the guys

Hi greg

i think what col said about going down to a game club is the go take my club for example s.g.f.c

there are so many guys down there that live and breath the type of information that you are after

even as i speak i know of at least 6 blokes who have and are doing what you are suggesting.....

a night chatting to them would highlight any pitfalls and dilemas that would confront you...

as they have been there done that and are sure that would most likely apply at most other clubs

scene also......

who knows it may lead to you purchasing one for sale without haven't to go overseas

Cheers Warnie

Hey greg,

thats a very good looking rig, ive read some good things about the albemarle range too. yanks have so many boats to choose from!

you wouldnt go wrong with that.

as you say the $ is pretty good at the moment but id be interested to see how much they would charge you to get her across??

theres alot of boats around the 6-8m range that sell soooo cheap over there that would make great trailerboat gamerigs.

and at that size they would surely fit in a container.

its quite depressing when you look at the u.s. market and whats available for your dollars there as opposed to here.

but i reckon talk to a few of the lads at the game clubs they know there stuff, and some are lucky enough to have the $$ to look at some of the bigger and better machines out there.

as with sgfc and bbgfc im sure if you go down to a general meeting ppl will be only happy to have a chat.

usually a good informative night anyway.

drop me an email mate djmac@netspace.net.au and ill flick you a couple of websites that would be worth posting the same question on. the mods here a bit sensitive about that sort of thing :)

Col

Thanks guys for the info.

The guys from Skeeter recon under $30k including building a create for it to sit in.

Talking to my neighbour who is a operations manager for a shipping company recons he can get it for me close to half that!!!

He got me a race motor for one of my boats not long ago air freighted in from Chicargo in under a week for just over a grand!

So for instance that boat at $197k aussie I recon I could landed it and convert it to run here for less than $250k.

That's about half of a brand new one from here!

G

It will cost you if you buy brand new from the Cabo dealership here, but if you import a used model, a Cabo 32 is probably one of the best express boats out there at the moment! Awesome ride and build quality, buil to fish.

Locally, you can always look at the Deep V

Albermarle are very nice as well

Daniel