Port Hacking, 4/11/2007

nik

Hi Guys,

Took the father-in-law out for a fish to my "Spot X" on Sunday and had some decent results. Firstly, I'm not sure if others have had the same experience but since the dredging started in the Hacking the fishing has been very slow. I fish the Hacking at least once a week and have noticed a dramatic (negative) change, but any way, back to the report.

We started off at Maianbar to pick up some nippers and then went off to "Spot X".

The F-I-L picked up the first fish. After a good 10 minute battle on a 6 foot rod, with 4kg line, he pulled in a beautiful 36cm Bream. The Bream was caught on a nipper.

I was fortunate enough to get the next fish, a 30cm Sand Whiting, again using a nipper (unweighted). I almost always fish unweighted nippers, and have found this works very well on the whiting.

Again the F-I-L showed me up, only 5 minutes after my whiting, he pulled in a 34cm whiting. Not to be shown up by him (well sort off) I caught another 30cm whiting. We ended the day with 3 decent whiting and the 1 great Bream.

Unfortunatley I did not get a photo of the whiting, as the F-I-L was in a hurry to get home but I wasn't going to let him leave without getting a photo of the bream though (the ruler in the photo is 30cm).

post-944-1194347015_thumb.jpg

Needless to say, he went home very happy.

Although I don't have any photos of the whiting, I have included a photo of a few that I caught a couple weeks ago in the same spot.

post-944-1194347060_thumb.jpg

Nik

Edited by nik

Thanks guys, we were pretty happy with the outcome of the day.

Shadda, I tend to let the nippers do their own thing and let them swim arund, if there is no action within 1-2 minutes I'll reel it in a little.

Nik :)