Getting Follows But No Ones Taking Them

my03

hey guys just when using bass minnows for kings ive seen a couple oft imes they come up to it to check it out, but no one seems to eat them, im using 4 inch power minows.

does anyone know the technique or retrieve or colour or size minnow to get these kings to take it?

cheers

Mate I have had a similar experiance on a few occasions,the 1st time, a mate

on my boat threw a peeled prawn in the water and the Kingy swooped on it.

Then it was a race to see who could get another prawn in the drink with a hook

in it 1st. We got half a dozen that day, sp's were used to bring the Kings beside the

boat where a couple of free floating prawns were waiting for em.This has worked

for us on several occasions, but there has been a couple of times also where we

lucked out.

penguin

Edited by penguin

hey guys just when using bass minnows for kings ive seen a couple oft imes they come up to it to check it out, but no one seems to eat them, im using 4 inch power minows.

does anyone know the technique or retrieve or colour or size minnow to get these kings to take it?

cheers

My03 - try and sound them out to find what depth they are sitting..

let your lure sink to that depth (helps to count it out - 10-12 seconds, depending on current, or let it sink all the way to the bottom) then two BIG rod length retrieves and a medium retrieve thereafter with twitches and pauses on the way in.

• 2 months later...

hey fellas, just like to say a big tank you to all the tips you've given me.

I landed my first sp king a few days ago, put a running barell sinker above the 6 inch sluggo let it sink texas rigged, then 3 quick rips, let it sink 3 quick rips mixing it up with some quick straight runs pauses etc. unfortunatly havent got photos yet but it was released and landbased which makes it all the better

thanks for all the tips hopefully theres many more to come, the kings were really on the bite but it was my last sluggo!!!