Pittwater

adjustedpete

Got up at dawn and sneaked out of the house to the salt pan wharf, hoping to get in an hour or two in before the wife wakes up and starts ringing me. :ranting2: Rigged up my trusty ole estuary rod with a bit of gut and just layed it down on the wharf, while I get the kiddy rod out to put a peeled prawn on it, when it nearly hopped off the wharf on its own. :1yikes: To my surprise i pulled in a beauty little bream going on 30cm. So I rigged it again tossed it back in the same place, and went back to peeling the prawn, I didnt even get the prawn onto the hook before ole trusty is skidding over the wharf again. The brother to the other was before my eyes, it went 29 cm. Bar rigging the damn thing up I hadn't touched it and had 2 little rippers all in 10 minutes now thats luck. So I just picked up my gear and took off home and was back in bed without the missus knowing I had left. :ninja: Didnt wanna push my luck tooo far.

Top little spot that one...................Ive been spooled by kingies off that wharf!

You couldnt really call what I was doing fishin' but I will take what I can get, and yeah I have seen some big kingies there but never hooked into one... YET. In fact I have seen quite a few big fish around there. I usually go for the yakkas and then toss it out live, then just sit back with my little kids rod and see what happens. Usually get a feed of something. and have a great time doing it too.

Nice one Pete.

Nothing like getting out for an early morning sesh. Especially when you can catch a couple of nice Bream and be all done and dusted and back home in bed without :wife: even knowing. :1prop:

I think there may be a few people on here who will want to know the secrets of your "Stealth Mode" :ninja:

I've been doing most of my fishing around Narrabeen of late but I think I will have to venture up to Pittwater and try my luck.

Cheers,

Graham.