Yft At Browns

Rabs

post-4948-1195368980_thumb.jpg

Hello raiders,

An early start saw us out at Browns by 8am. A few raiders were present (Offtap and Co.) and monitoring the radio traffic is was pretty evident not much was happening north. We trolled East and South with clean water around 19.5C. A few sunfish and pods of dolphins. The 50 let out a scream and soon after a respectable 'fin hit the deck. It was our happy captain breaking his duck, hence the big smile. Other than this lonely 'fin nothing else all day. Of interest the 'fin had just been dining on large garfish prior to trying to devour our lure. A bit tired and emotional, it's been a looooong week-end.

Cheers,

Rabs.

Great work buddy, we didnt turn a reel all day, even started 14ks SE of browns for troll north into shit conditions, . Did you weight YFT looks in great condition, nice and fat. Cheers Dave

I agree with the troll north into that short wind swell. A few potholes in there today. The fin was solid to say the least. Didn't weight the bugger but closer to 30kg than 25. Cheers, Rabs.

I agree with the troll north into that short wind swell. A few potholes in there today. The fin was solid to say the least. Didn't weight the bugger but closer to 30kg than 25. Cheers, Rabs.

Hey mate! well done! I had the pleasure of getting a start on off tap today, But as dave said we didnt turn a reel all day so have had nothing to write a report about! Well done on your fin in what was definitely some trying conditions!!!!! If any other raiders get a chance to head out with dave or someone else experienced take em up on the offer because im sure you'll learn a few new tricks like i did today! Thanks again dave!

Thats one nice fin rabs! :thumbup:

Hi all

As Fishlexic said go with someone experienced as it is a long way to Browns and it is a looong way back. I have had my boat for 2 years but my ventures off to Browns have been few and sporadic due to not being able to go with someone with the right experience. Many thanks today to Rabs and his brother who traced and gaff this fellow in one fluid motion. My smile in breaking my cherry for yellow fin says it all.

regards Kit

post-2393-1195377117_thumb.jpg

Thanks fellow raiders,

It is a 4 stroke 140hp Johnson(aka Suzuki) pushing a 20 ft half cabin. We started at 5am and returned to Cronulla just after 1.30pm. We started trolling well before the shelf, probably about 10miles out and trolled at 6-7 knots till about 12.30pm and then came in at ~ 18-20 knots. I looked at the fuel transducer this evening and we burned close to 90litres.There was 3 on board and the tank was full(240 litres) at the start.

Regards Kit