Video Link

PJ Garn

Hi Raider

Just a link to our first video that was taken a couple of Saturdays ago and accompanies the report "Two sessions in two days - Part 2"!!!

th_e713c21f.jpg

Click the box above to view!!! Let us know what you think!!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers

Edited by PJ Garn

Nice video PJ, great fish! Those carp are dirty fighters. What area where you fishing at?

Hi Chopper

They are great fish!!! Top fighters!!! Not as some say "Fight like a bucket"??? I think that too many fish with line that is just too heavy for the job at hand... and just skull drag their catch... we fish for Carp on 6lb b/s and prefer to give the fish a sporting chance!!! It's then up to our skill and our gear's ability to land a 16lb monster from weedy, snaggy spots!!!

We are fishing the Nepean River in Penrith!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Hi PJ,

I totally agree. I usually use 6-8lb and a 2-3kg rod. They are a great sports fish. When they take the bait they run like a steam train. The last fish I caught was jumping out of the water. I think it thought he was a barra! As you have probably experienced yourself, some fish take 15-20 mins to land. They fight to the end.

Might have to give the Nepean River at Penrith a go. Is there plenty of carp there? Any particular spot at Penrith that you would recommend? I've never fished the Nepean at Penrith.

Hi Chopper

They are great fish!!! Top fighters!!! Not as some say "Fight like a bucket"??? I think that too many fish with line that is just too heavy for the job at hand... and just skull drag their catch... we fish for Carp on 6lb b/s and prefer to give the fish a sporting chance!!! It's then up to our skill and our gear's ability to land a 16lb monster from weedy, snaggy spots!!!

We are fishing the Nepean River in Penrith!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Hi PJ,

That's a nice vid mate... you guys are certainly enjoying yourselves.

I hope the next time I hook up on one it fights better than my first. Mine did nothing like those fish. It took one run and then gave up, hence my "bucket" comment.

I was fishing with my bass gear, 6lb braid, 8lb fluro leader 2-4kg rod.

Maybe it was sick... it did have a big sore on its back and bled a lot when I lifted it out of the water.

Any way, your vid has inspired me to have another go at them so I'll report back after I land the next one.

Cheers

David.

ps. thanks for the ingredients list in the video.

pps. They're still a stink'n horrible fish....! :tease::pokey::whip::074:

Love the vid but we got to work on the audio. Did we really sound like that.

Lata Raida

Waynie

My missus said the same thing!!! :wife::wife: We certainly sound like a coupla old cockies!!! Maybe that's just our fishin' voices???

Who cares mate thats who we are... no airs and graces with us thats for sure!!! And we always have us a top day!!!

Can wait to make the next episode!!!!