More Beach Fishing

sails

Hi All,

I headed out to my current favourite beach again to use the last of the worms that I had caught on Sunday evening. :1fishing1:

I hit the beach about 1700, and the wind was more on sure than yesterday, :( meaning the weed was closer in and blocking access to the spot I fished yesterday.

I tried at the northern end and as usual with a small rod, I let the bait drift along the beach and just followed it along. It wasnt too long before I felt the first bites and landed the first dart, which was returned. :thumbup: I concentrated on that spot and soon felt the solid bite of something a bit more promising, but the hook failed to set. :ranting2: After missing about 4 fish, I changed hooks and was rewarded with the first of 5 nice bream for the evening. :yahoo: They give a good account of themselves on a small rig. The good thing was that they were happy to take worms that were past their best :thumbup: , and when the bait was finished, so was I. Not often that all you get on the beach is bream, usually it is a mixed bag.

tight lines

Sails