Federal Election

Boban

I read the State Election thread revived today, and, whilst I would not normally respond to a political thread, I will in this instance because of the crap being put forward by some. Sure, we are all entitled to our opinions, but base it one some fact not some political rhetoric which you want to repeat.

I will state quite clearly that with respect to some things, I am very much against the present government. Iraq springs to mind.

But what gets up my nose is the workchoices "scare campaign" being proffered by some on this forum. Tell me which one of you have had your rights stripped? Who has been forced to work for peanuts? Who is employed on a below award rate? Who's been sacked because they wanted to employ someone for less money?

Don't talk about your uncle Jim's mate's mate, tell me about yourself.

I know there are rogue employers out there, just as there are worthless (unsackable at one time) employees. You can always find a case to support your particular point if you look hard enough. But like I said, tell me about yourself.

I think most people get paid what they are worth. If they are not getting what they deserve, they find a better deal for themselves.

REMINDER.

This sub forum was set up as Fisheries News & Politics...for FISHERIES NEWS and POLITICS

That is... fishing related news and politics topics.

Member's own political views and bents have no place on a fishing forum...there are plenty

of other forums to post that stuff.

Let's keep it to fishing related topics and all will be fine.

Cheers.

Pete.

REMINDER.

This sub forum was set up as Fisheries News & Politics...for FISHERIES NEWS and POLITICS

That is... fishing related news and politics topics.

Member's own political views and bents have no place on a fishing forum...there are plenty

of other forums to post that stuff.

Let's keep it to fishing related topics and all will be fine.

Cheers.

Pete.

Well aware of that Pete. Just that it doesn't seem to be the focus in the other thread.

Well aware of that Pete. Just that it doesn't seem to be the focus in the other thread.

Same goes for that thread too Boban...The reminder is up there too.

Let's keep this as a fishing site...not a political debating site.

Cheers,

Pete.