Terrigal Fishing Spots

tan the fisherman

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good land based fishing spots in or around Terrigal?

I'll be there over xmas but without a boat this time.

Thanks

Tan the :1fishing1:

Hi Tan

Welcome to Fishraider!!! Mate it would be more suited to post this in Fishing Chat than here in reports!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry I can't help with any spots up the coast though... trial and error I expect... also would be good to mention what type of fishing you are after (estuary, beach, rock etc)

Cheers

PJ Garn

Hi Tan

Welcome to Fishraider!!! Mate it would be more suited to post this in Fishing Chat than here in reports!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry I can't help with any spots up the coast though... trial and error I expect... also would be good to mention what type of fishing you are after (estuary, beach, rock etc)

Cheers

PJ Garn

Thanks PJ, have posted in CHAT as well. Congratulations of on all the carp you been catching, Im trying to do the same in Parra!!

Tan

I can help out there Tan but need to know what type of fishing you are in too!

Ads

Gday Ads,

Im into rock and estuary fishing cause I havent yet mastered the Alvey reel for beach fishing.

Any advice is appreciated

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good land based fishing spots in or around Terrigal?

I'll be there over xmas but without a boat this time.

Thanks

Tan the :1fishing1:

Hi tan the fisherman A warm welcome to Fishraider :1welcomeani: It's great to have you with us :thumbup:

It's not hard to post a new topic in the incorrect section. When you have a topic up on the screen you can check what forum that particular topic is in before you hit the new topic button for your own new topic article. It's a simple mistake for a member to make, particularly a new member, and I have overlooked it myself and posted in the wrong forum. I worked out how to fix that by copying the article, posting it in the appropriate section and the incorrect post is eventually deleted when you edit it back to zero content.

Terrigal beach fishing is very popular on week days and not only at holiday time. If you are new to Terrigal and have a fancy for good fishing at night, you should see what is happening along the beach in the late afternoon, say just before sundown.......The locals who fish there regularly are the ones to look for when they're setting up late in the afternnoon........A good idea, before you beach fish yourself, would be in this case to watch out for fishermen who look like they know what they are doing, particularly if there is a few of them carrying live bait buckets along the beach and setting up for the night.......You could have chat with them in the twilight and of course you can always come back the next evening etc...... You could also look out for good deep gutters yourself.......You will find a lot of interesting articles and tips on Fishraider and then some on fishing Terrigal !, you just type Terrigal into search I think and I woud say the "then some" would be for certain.

Tan I hope my fairly basic but uncomplicated reply helps you and I hope you enjoy your Christmas holiday in the beautiful surrounds of Terrigal and I sincerely hope you catch a lot of fish up there Tan. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi tan the fisherman A warm welcome to Fishraider :1welcomeani: It's great to have you with us :thumbup:

It's not hard to post a new topic in the incorrect section. When you have a topic up on the screen you can check what forum that particular topic is in before you hit the new topic button for your own new topic article. It's a simple mistake for a member to make, particularly a new member, and I have overlooked it myself and posted in the wrong forum. I worked out how to fix that by copying the article, posting it in the appropriate section and the incorrect post is eventually deleted when you edit it back to zero content.

Terrigal beach fishing is very popular on week days and not only at holiday time. If you are new to Terrigal and have a fancy for good fishing at night, you should see what is happening along the beach in the late afternoon, say just before sundown.......The locals who fish there regularly are the ones to look for when they're setting up late in the afternnoon........A good idea, before you beach fish yourself, would be in this case to watch out for fishermen who look like they know what they are doing, particularly if there is a few of them carrying live bait buckets along the beach and setting up for the night.......You could have chat with them in the twilight and of course you can always come back the next evening etc...... You could also look out for good deep gutters yourself.......You will find a lot of interesting articles and tips on Fishraider and then some on fishing Terrigal !, you just type Terrigal into search I think and I woud say the "then some" would be for certain.

Tan I hope my fairly basic but uncomplicated reply helps you and I hope you enjoy your Christmas holiday in the beautiful surrounds of Terrigal and I sincerely hope you catch a lot of fish up there Tan. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Tan,

probably best to steer clear of the more popular spots like Avoca and Terrigal at xmas time given the amount of traffic they get.

Some other good spots are the rocks to the south and north of beateau bay. You can usually pick up a feed of bream,drummer and tailor around the washes as well as blue groper if you have some heavier gear and can get your hands on some red crabs. I have also caught good catches of bonito spinning metal lures once the water warms up a bit.

Forrestors beach is good for an after dark session if your interested in small sharks. It also produce the odd stud whiting. The rock pool at the southern end holds bream at dawn and dusk.

Follow any of the tracks into the beach north of the entrance and the beach fishing is as good as anywhere but just watch out the rangers dont lock you and your car in for the night.

Hope this gets you started.

Ads

Thanks to all for the advice on Terrigal and the website. I'll be sure to post in the right section next time!

I go up to Terrigal quite a bit.. in laws holiday house... but usually fish just out from the bay in a tinnie. This is the 1st time with no tinnie. Anyway Im sure I'll find somewhere, even if you dont catch its still a day not working. The night time idea is great too, never gave it much thought but could be an option.

Hi,

I live in the area and can verify that the beaches hold a variety of fish over that period. Every year is different, but the standard techniques all work. The prevous post about the 2 hours prior to dark are on the money. Concentrate on that time period or the same in the morning and you will do well.

With tthe rocks you are better off away from the touristy areas. Follow your nose as the whole coast produces fish. Getting away from the crowds is half the battle, but not too hard if you are prepared to walk for 10 minutes.

The poacher

"Some other good spots are the rocks to the south and north of beateau bay. You can usually pick up a feed of bream,drummer and tailor around the washes as well as blue groper if you have some heavier gear and can get your hands on some red crabs."

ads shhhhh... there are no fish at bateau bay lol . We might have to catch up 4 a fish one day

seriously but tan, bateau bay rocks are pretty gnarly be careful, mainly because there is no escape route if a big swell comes...... 1.5 metre or less of swell on the lower tides would help .... drummer will still be around

avoca is a good spot but crowded over xmas....i usually only fish there on overcast weekdays to beat the crowds

also as noted concentrate your efforts on the less crowded (or less fished) rocks and you will do ok...

my mate has been gettin flatties in the lagoon..

good luck and enjoy your time up here...

ian