Rod And Reel For The Dollies?

Robbielites

Hi All,

I want to hit the fads a fair bit this summer and have some fun with the Dollies.

Not being a tackle rat I have no idea which rod and reel I should get to cover this type of fishing. I think I might have been a little unfair to them last year with the Spheros and 30lb braid :1prop:

I would like to keep the budget to around $300 but can move on that.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Robbie.

A 6lb braid outfit will do the job on most dollies at the fads. Shimano is having a big sale at the moment and are selling a cheap but respectable little outfit for $99

The rod is suprisingly good and the reel is a Sienna from memory. Its not the greatest reel in the world but it will do the job on the dollies you are likely to encounter.

Cheers

Red

Using light gear on dollies 6-8lb can suck at times...from memory crazedfisherdude got smoked at the close botany fad last season on a 80-90cm dollie from memory??? correct me if im wrong.

I started out using 30lb gear now im using a penn captiva cv 4000 loaded with 8lb braid plenty of line capacity and a diawa apollo rod.

I know blokes that use 2500 sized reels and 4lb braid for this work and do fine.

cheers james