Sp Lures

mullit

Hi Mullit,

Most people try and use the same rods and reels they use for bait fishing for plastics and in certain cases this is posible eg big plastics for lizards and jew, snapper and the like. But when it comes to finness fishing as in the case of bream it is more adviseable to use graphite rods and 1000 to 2500 size reels with braid also using small jigheads rather than the bait hook and or big jigheads reserved for bigger fish.

IMOA this is the common mistake fisherman make when changing over from bait to plastic fishing.

My sugestion would be to either go to a tackle shop and speek with one of the sales people who can advise you on what items of gear you will need and or if you have the right rod buy a dvd like Berkley bring out where you get a box of plastics and jigheads with the dvd and can see how it is done.

I hope this helps in someway to make fishing plastics easier for you.and good luck. :thumbup:

Hi Mullit - Have a look in the "articles" section on this site. Think there is 2 or 3 on soft plastic fishing. Should be enough info in them to get you on the right track, failing that try and get hold of the squidgy secrets dvd and watch it.

Good luck & welcome to Fishraider

John

Edited by Blood Knot

:( new to fishraider and need advice.i have tried using plastics to fish with but no luck.am i doing something wrong.plenty of bit if i change to prawns but nothing with sp.all help appreciated

You didnt mention what species u like targetting? If you're not fussed, a nice way to pop ur SP cherry would be to go to Hen and Chicken or thereabouts, where a heap of flathead reside and this is where u could reasonably expect to pick up a flathead quite easily atm :1prop:

:( new to fishraider and need advice.i have tried using plastics to fish with but no luck.am i doing something wrong.plenty of bit if i change to prawns but nothing with sp.all help appreciated

thanks guys for all your advice.going to keep trying until i catch one. :1fishing1: